Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin



Posts : 665
Join date : 2009-09-09

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:52 pm

The member 'Valthronis' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 15

--------------------------------

#2 'd8' : 6
Back to top Go down
https://rpgcentral.darkbb.com
Guest
Guest



Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:56 pm

Attack = 20
Damage = 10

Player to DM:
Let me know If I need a reflex save for a grapple check!
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

Posts : 1938
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 42
Location : Nessus, Ninth Layer of Hell

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Sunday, Sunsebb 2nd, 586 CY: Encounter Two: Round Four   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 3:08 pm

OYTWOOD GROUP
Sunday, Sunsebb 2nd, 586 CY
Time: 12:18:00
Encounter Two

Tactical Info (Light Forest):
Tactical Movement: Normal
Line of Fire: Any opponent beyond 20 FEET has 20% concealment against any missiles (magical included)
Line of Sight: Can automatically see any opponent within 40 FEET (no Spot check needed). Any opponent beyond 170 FEET is effectively invisible.
Hard Cover: 1d6 squares in any direction (1/4 to 1/2 cover available)
Concealment: 1d4 squares in any direction (20% concealment or 30% if more than 20 FEET from attacker)
Flight Restrictions: No larger than Medium flyers

ROUND FOUR: KIRAK's Results

Hit AC: 21 (+1 from Bless)
Damage: 10 bludgeoning

KIRAK runs around OOZE and hits the mass. His fist sinks into OOZE. As KIRAK pulls out his fist, he feels the slime of OOZE pulling back on his hand like glue.

DM to GHORENFORE: I put KIRAK at (28, 27); (27, 27) puts him in the OOZE. I'll make the Reflex save since you didn't. An earlier post I said to make the roll on each melee attack on your turn. This way I can just speed up the process.

#1 KIRAK's Reflex Save (6 +1 [prayer] = +7)



Back to top Go down
Admin



Posts : 665
Join date : 2009-09-09

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Sunday, Sunsebb 2nd, 586 CY: Encounter Two: Round Four   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 3:08 pm

The member 'Aloddaharm' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 19
Back to top Go down
https://rpgcentral.darkbb.com
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

Posts : 1938
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 42
Location : Nessus, Ninth Layer of Hell

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 3:10 pm

KIRAK's Result:

Reflex save 19 +7 = 26

KIRAK pulls his hand back out from OOZE.

NEXT: FORT TROOPS
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

Posts : 1938
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 42
Location : Nessus, Ninth Layer of Hell

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 3:25 pm

OYTWOOD GROUP
Sunday, Sunsebb 2nd, 586 CY
Time: 12:18:00
Encounter Two

Tactical Info (Light Forest):
Tactical Movement: Normal
Line of Fire: Any opponent beyond 20 FEET has 20% concealment against any missiles (magical included)
Line of Sight: Can automatically see any opponent within 40 FEET (no Spot check needed). Any opponent beyond 170 FEET is effectively invisible.
Hard Cover: 1d6 squares in any direction (1/4 to 1/2 cover available)
Concealment: 1d4 squares in any direction (20% concealment or 30% if more than 20 FEET from attacker)
Flight Restrictions: No larger than Medium flyers

Combat Info:
REFLEX save (DC 12) for every melee attack made against OOZE

ROUND FOUR: FORT TROOPS

Lee (FT #5) fires a fire arrow at OOZE. The arrow hits OOZE and explodes, pieces of OOZE fly everywhere from the point of impact. Lee moves 20 FEET north.

Richard (FT #6) also unleashes a fire arrow at OOZE. His arrow also hits, blasting a section of OOZE away from the main body.

Richard and Lee are stunned as the OOZE quivers and rolls like an angry sea. MARTIN is thrown forward and toward the ground, released from OOZE. HLIN is raised in the air and falls down, splashing into a pool of goo. It's still sticky, but it is more familiar to syrup or molasses and no longer prevents movement. The remains of OOZE begin to sink into the ground, saturating the leaf litter with organic goo. The decayed corpse within OOZE collapses to the ground, still holding its longsword. Gold and silver pieces glitter on the ground and within pieces of OOZE still barely held together.

Lee and Richard exchange stunned looks.

COMBAT ENDED
Everyone can now act normally.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 8:33 pm

Ghorenfore shakes his head and sighs looking in Kirak's direction.

Kirak moans and closes his eyes
Holyman, sometimes you really are an ass you know that...
He thinks it to himself, contemplates saying it but practices that rare form of self restraint he isn't known for. As he walks to get Forlin's crossbow to return to him he hangs his head. Knowing he disobeyed orders, this will definitly come back to haunt him later.

Ghorenfore rides over to Hlin and Martin to make sure they are ok.
"You guys alright? he ask as he hops off Brakus to help Hlin up.
He turns to the rest of the group,
"Nice Job everyone, good teamwork. Lets Regroup, check and make sure everyone is ok and Move out."


Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

Posts : 1938
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 42
Location : Nessus, Ninth Layer of Hell

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Sunday, Sunsebb 2nd, 586 CY: Oytwood Group   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:22 pm

OYTWOOD GROUP
Sunday, Sunsebb 2nd, 586 CY
Time: 12:30:00

FORLIN looks over HLIN and MARTIN.
"Lieutenant, no one is moving out until I can do something about these wounds."

He heads to HLIN first and places his hands and holy symbol to HLIN. He chants quietly, and HLIN begins to feel her breathing ease and ribs heal.

#1 Cure Critical Wounds
Back to top Go down
Admin



Posts : 665
Join date : 2009-09-09

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Sunday, Sunsebb 2nd, 586 CY: Oytwood Group   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:22 pm

The member 'Aloddaharm' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd8' : 8, 1, 1, 2
Back to top Go down
https://rpgcentral.darkbb.com
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

Posts : 1938
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 42
Location : Nessus, Ninth Layer of Hell

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Sunday, Sunsebb 2nd, 586 CY: Oytwood Group   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:28 pm

OYTWOOD GROUP
Sunday, Sunsebb 2nd, 586 CY
Time: 12:36:00

FORIN's result

HLIN heals 20 points of damage.

FORLIN moves toward MARTIN.

CLARA looks at her eager men. She waves them to the remains of OOZE.
"Well, the ooze has no need for money and the corpse has no need of its equipment. Men, time to collect payment."

The men hoot and step up to the remains of OOZE. Eagerly they put their hands into the slime for silver and gold. Biff looks over the corpse, roughly prying the longsword out of its hands.

Biff whistles.
"Nice."

FORLIN bends down to MARTIN and lays his hand and holy symbol on MARTIN. As FORLIN chants, MARTIN feels his ribs repair themselves and his breathing also eases. MARTIN coughs up a little bit of black blood, but he does feel somewhat healed.

#1 Cure Serious Wounds
Back to top Go down
Admin



Posts : 665
Join date : 2009-09-09

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Sunday, Sunsebb 2nd, 586 CY: Oytwood Group   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:28 pm

The member 'Aloddaharm' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd8' : 8, 5, 7
Back to top Go down
https://rpgcentral.darkbb.com
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

Posts : 1938
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 42
Location : Nessus, Ninth Layer of Hell

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:29 pm

OYTWOOD GROUP
Sunday, Sunsebb 2nd, 586 CY
Time: 12:48:00

FORLIN's results

MARTIN heals 28 points of damage.

FORLIN, FENNIGAN, TA'HEED, and PA'CHEEN all land.
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks



Posts : 482
Join date : 2009-11-27
Age : 41
Location : out there somewhere....

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 10:25 pm

As the cure spell starts & MARTIN's ribs reconnect, the look of shock plastered on his face eases. He sits up after coughing & mutters "Stay away from giant snot. Got it."

MARTIN uses his longspear to steady himself as he gets back on his feet. He says "Ok. I'm ready to go." & walks back towards FAWN.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

Posts : 1938
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 42
Location : Nessus, Ninth Layer of Hell

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Sunday, Sunsebb 2nd, 586 CY: Oytwood Group   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 11:14 pm

OYTWOOD GROUP
Sunday, Sunsebb 2nd, 586 CY
Time: 12:50:00

CLARA's TROOPS fill their pockets with gold, giving some to CLARA as well.

Biff hands CLARA the longsword.
"For the boss."

CLARA smiles and takes the longsword.
"I'm impressed, the corpse had good taste in weaponry. Too bad it didn't save him while he was swimming."

Biff laughs, which sounds more like a sneering wheeze, and the they move into line.

As the team assembles to move on again, TA'HEED lays a hand on Richard.
"An impressive shot, soldier. I think you saved MARTIN and HLIN on this day."

Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

Posts : 1938
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 42
Location : Nessus, Ninth Layer of Hell

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Sunday, Sunsebb 2nd, 586 CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:43 pm

FORT OLVEWATER
Sunday, Sunsebb 2nd, 586 CY
Time: 17:00:00

The team arrives back at Fort Olvewater as the last rays of the sun dip below the horizon. The western horizon is aflame with bright orange, yellow, and red. The moons are just barely visible in the sky. Blue Luna is a sliver as she approaches new phase and half of Celene is visible. The first stars begin to twinkle into sight.

The group is ferried to the fort in the canoes. GLASSBLOWER and LOWLYN were first followed by all the others with Lieutenant GHORENFORE coming in last, riding BRAKUS.

GHORENFORE sees the fort as he left it, except for two other new souls. TA'HEED introduces them as LUSULA and KYNA. Both of these women are Baklunish. They wear simple clothes for traveling, mostly brown, and use quarterstaves for walking sticks. Like TA'HEED and PA'CHEEN, these women appear to be without weaponry or other adornments.

TA'HEED turns to GHORENFORE.
"If you wish, we can aid in helping to heal your party. We may be able to help alleviate your healer's work."

MARILYN rushes forward after helping to fix the canoes in place.
"Lieutenant, what happened? FORLIN's sending mentioned an undead squad. Also, your team should rest as soon as you have eaten. We have enough to keep watch during the night."

NYDENT arrives and silently moves toward the improvised skid made for FAWN's body. He shakes his head solemnly.
"Poor child."

GLASSBLOWER places a hand on NYDENT.
"We shall have a short service for him in the morning."

NYDENT smiles, weakly.
"I would have demanded it."




Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:45 pm

Ghorenfore Nods to TA’HEED
“Thank you, I appreciate any help you can offer.”
His attention is captured by MARILYN as she steps forward
“We were hit by some of NERRAUNE’s undead forces and from the looks of things his grasp on this region has grown more than we originally thought. Any attempt to get through the area will be met by heavy resistance.”
He looks back at Lady Glassblower then back to Marilyn.
“Our first order of business is to make sure everyone is healed and rested.
“Tomorrow we’ll do a short service for Fawn, after which I would like to have a meeting in the command tent. We need a good Tactical plan and drawn out if we’re going out after Nerraune.”


Back to top Go down
EvilBob



Posts : 389
Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 41
Location : Where am I ?!?

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:42 pm

As HLIN makes her rounds of thanking FORLIN,Lee and Richard

HIMO runs up HLIN angrily asks "What happen to you? Looks like you went to hell and back."

"Well after fighting the undead things then a giant cuble of snot which i was stuck to. Can we share a tent tonight HIMO?" HLIN says

"Yes HLIN just for you." HIMO says as he looks at GHORENFORE, MARTIN, and other humans in the party and thinks to himself They are luckly that we are not deep in Sula tribe's woods

HIMO asks LOWLYN in Elven "Would you trust GHORENFORE with your life or LADY GLASSBLOWER's life? Look at HLIN, I know she is a fighter like me. But she a beating of her life. "
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

Posts : 1938
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 42
Location : Nessus, Ninth Layer of Hell

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Sunday, Sunsebb 2nd, 586 CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:54 am

FORT OLVEWATER
Sunday, Sunsebb 2nd, 586 CY
Time: 17:00:54

Before LOWLYN can respond, GLASSBLOWER steps next to HIMO. She grabs his arm, surprising him again with her strength. She whispers sternly into HIMO's ear, in ELVEN.
"You forget your place, wild elf. You must learn the truth before you ask reckless questions. This is no time for blame or finger pointing. Everyone that has returned has suffered wounds from the foes we have fought."

GLASSBLOWER releases HIMO's arm and pulls away from him. The light in her pale blue eyes fades and she the strength in her voice falters. In COMMON she says,
"FAWN is dead HIMO; HLIN, at least, survived. Be thankful we returned at all."

GLASSBLOWER quickly turns away from all the party members and heads to her tent. Her head is held high as she walks, attempting to hold on to her dignity.

LOWLYN sighs, his heart heavy. He glances at HIMO for a moment.
"HIMO, GLASSBLOWER needs us all to be together in this endeavor. We were not just attacked by undead things, we were ambushed by one of NERRAUNE's fallen druids. I am amazed any of us survived at all. And a lot of that credit goes to FENNIGAN and FORLIN, and not because GHORENFORE's trust is suspect. If you were there, HIMO, you would be as battered as the rest of us."

FORLIN walks over to HLIN and lays his hands on her, casting another healing spell.

#1 FORLIN's Cure Serious Wounds

TA'HEED places a hand on FORLIN, healing some of the man's words without even a word or extra gesture. PA'CHEEN heals FENNIGAN and LUSULA steps up to heal LOWLYN when the elf falls silent.
Back to top Go down
Admin



Posts : 665
Join date : 2009-09-09

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Sunday, Sunsebb 2nd, 586 CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:54 am

The member 'Aloddaharm' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd8' : 5, 5, 7
Back to top Go down
https://rpgcentral.darkbb.com
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

Posts : 1938
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 42
Location : Nessus, Ninth Layer of Hell

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:57 am

FORLIN's Result

HLIN heals 23 more hit points.

FORLIN moves to his tent.
"It is time for rest. The long road waits for us all in the morning."
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

Posts : 1938
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 42
Location : Nessus, Ninth Layer of Hell

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Moonday, Sunsebb 3rd, 586 CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 10:15 am

FORT OLVEWATER
Moonday, Sunsebb 3rd, 586 CY
Time: 07:00:00

Luna: New Moon
Celene: 1st Quarter Moon
Sky: Clear
Temp: Cold
Sunrise: 6:55
Sunset: 16:54
Wind Direction: S
Average Speed: 4mph
Gusts: 14mph (Light)
Weather Conditions: Cold Conditions

It has been an hour that the fort has been active. The sun is barely above the eastern horizon and is shining through the hibernating trees. The sky is a clear, brilliant sapphire blue. The sky is utterly absent of clouds. By the looks of it, the day will be another bright, but cold, winter day.

After GHORENFORE is finished with his morning prayers he gets a visit from FENNIGAN. The noble wizard enters with his face aching wih determination. Whatever he needs say looks urgent.
"Lieutenant, I believe that we need to discuss MARTIN. If we plan to attack NERRAUNE, we may still be in need of his services. It is not moral to have him work for us while he is awaiting a courtmartial. He should be in chains in a tent until our return."

FENNIGAN raises his hand to silence GHORENFORE.
"I'm not suggesting that, Lieutenant. Honestly, we cannot afford it. I am also not suggesting his reinstatement as a Lieutenant. He has proven his unreliability in a command position. You and ARLEY have expressed that issue, and ARLEY is not even in command of a thing. I believe enough has been done to him to punish his trangressions; he has been relieved of command. I'm suggesting that you drop the charges against MARTIN and keep his assistance as another displaced mercenary prepared to battle the enemies of Geoff. He still has his strengths on the field, regardless of my personal belief that he is simply fighting for himself. I have found that to be a common trait with our allies."



Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

Posts : 1938
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 42
Location : Nessus, Ninth Layer of Hell

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 2:03 pm

XP POST

KIRAK: 525
HLIN: 751
ALEX: 226
GHORENFORE: 751
MARTIN: 751

Also, do not forget that everyone heals 1hp/level for a night's sleep.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

Posts : 1938
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 42
Location : Nessus, Ninth Layer of Hell

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:29 pm

FORT OLVEWATER
Moonday, Sunsebb 3rd, 586 CY
Time: 07:01:00

FENNIGAN moves the tent flap aside and looks out.
"Ah, NYDENT is about to begin."

FENNIGAN closes the tent flap and turns back to GHORENFORE.
"Lieutenant, just make sure you let MARTIN that you drop the charges, if you intend to take my suggestion. Perhaps it might lighten his load. Then, maybe, I will see some reason why he was given a rank of lieutenant in the first place."

FENNIGAN heads out of the tent.
"The ceremony is beginning."

Outside, GHORENFORE and FENNIGAN see NYDENT burning some twigs near the FAWN's head. FAWN has been laid on the ground wrapped in her winter blanket, substituted for funeral robes.

Ever the mercenaries, CLARA had her men collected any of FAWN's gear, some time ago, that may be usable by the group in a pile outside of the circle of elves around FAWN's body. CLARA and her men look on at the ceremony with bland interest. At several points either CLARA or one of her men says something that would distract their attention. They talk amongst themselves for awhile and then quietly observe the ceremony again. Respectfully, their voices are kept low and inaudible outside of their group.

The FORT TROOPs watch with minimal interest as well. Many are either resting or keeping an eye on the forested banks of the Olvewater. The other people of the fort are near FAWN's body. GLASSBLOWER, LOWLYN, and NYDENT are the closest in attendance to FAWN's body.

GHORENFORE smells a sweet aroma of incense from the small pyre of twigs NYDENT created. NYDENT stands and takes GLASSBLOWER's and LOWLYN's hands. NYDENT speaks
"Corellon Larethian created the elves from the blood spilled from his veins by the vile Gruumsh. The blood filled all elves with passion, born from Corellon's early eons of fury and despair. The tears of Sehanine Moonbow, Corellon's wife, fell mixed with the blood granting the mortal elves with a long lifespan to fill their hearts with the passion and beauty the forests had to offer. With her tears, Sehanine has touched every living elf and can hear the beating of their hearts. Labelas Enoreth was given the responsibility to watch the lifelines of all elves to prepare the mortal elves for their transcendence. Sehanine reaches out to the elves when there time has come for the mortal elves to come to Arvandor, our homeland.
"We beseech you, Sehanine Moonbow, to guide FAWN to the homeland of all the elves, to Arvandor. She was taking before Enoreth would have called for you, Sehanine. However, your watchful eyes will grace FAWN on the path to Arvandor. In Arvandor she will dance with ancestors and behold the secrets of the great forests buried within the great tree."

NYDENT drops his head and lets go of GLASSBLOWER and NYDENT. Together the three elves begin a low, haunting melody. It has a strange unearthy quality to it, bordering on the supernatural. The forest and Olvewater appear to hold their breath as the melody flows from the lips of the three elves. The melody is dfficult to translate for any watchers even those that know Elven.

After a minute they cease their melodic chanting and the forest and Olvewater still retain some of the supernatural stillness.


Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 12:55 am

Ghorenfore nods as Fennigan leaves and he follows him out, He had been seriously considering the very same course of action that Fennigan had suggested. His words served to reinforce his decision and further the belief that it was truly the correct course to take.

As Fennigan walks out, Ghorenfore follows to watch the ceremony his thoughts turn back to the battle which claimed Fawn's life in the first place. So many things had gone wrong and he blamed himself.

Ghorenfore remains silent throughout the entire ceremony and respectfully keeps his head lowered, the thought that Fawn's death was partly owed to his own failure remained an ever present thought.

Kirak stands behind and to his left, also silent and respectful.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

Posts : 1938
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 42
Location : Nessus, Ninth Layer of Hell

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Moonday, Sunsebb 3rd, 586 CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:50 am

FORT OLVEWATER
Moonday, Sunsebb 3rd, 586 CY
Time: 07:03:48

The burial proceedings begin. MEL calls some of the troops for aid as FAWN is moved and buried. NYDENT oversees the burial while all the other watchers break up from the ceremony.

GLASSBLOWER, LOWLYN, TA'HEED, FORLIN, and MARILYN approach GHORENFORE.

With the ceremony over, GLASSBLOWER and LOWLYN appear to have shed no tears. GLASSBLOWER's eyes are alight with something akin to child-like wonder. LOWLYN remains stoic, but a hint of peace glints in his eyes. There is absolutely no sorrow from either of them.

However, some great desire is written across MARILYN's face. GHORENFORE can no doubt guess what a priestess of the Lichslayer could desire so much.

GLASSBLOWER is the first to speak.
"Lieutenant, I suppose it is time for us to prepare for our next course of action. Of course, LOWLYN will remain with your team as your guide in the Oytwood. He is intimately familiar with every leaf in this forest."

LOWLYN nods and smiles.
"An exaggeration, but close."

MARILYN blurts out.
"NERRAUNE cannot continue is blasphemous practices. I will not and cannot let it stand! Lieutenant, if you wish to attack NERRAUNE, I must go. There can be no negotiation in this matter!"

As GHORENFORE had been taught, the worshippers of Mayaheine must always to take up the task of destroying undead threats. To avoid such a cause, for any reason, is considered a violation of their sacred tenets.

FORLIN speaks,
"With MARILYN leaving, the fort will need a healer and I wish to stay with GLASSBLOWER."

FENNIGAN speaks low near GHORENFORE's ear.
"FORLIN should stay here, Lieutenant. GLASSBLOWER, FORLIN, and I discussed it while you were in prayer. With FORLIN's sendings we may be able to open communication between the elves of the Oytwood and the nobles at Hochoch. This way we lose little initiative. FORLIN will be able to communicate to Knight Captain MOHAD XENI and he can dissemminate information to the nobles. It is not ideal and promises to be a lengthy process, but it alleviates the threat of a delay. We may be able to keep intelligence going back and forth between Lynlai, Hochoch, Fort Midwood, Fort Olvewater, and you. It is an advantage our diplomatic and war efforts certainly need."

TA'HEED gives a half-bow to GHORENFORE.
"There is the matter of returning NERRAUNE's hospitality he showed us when we went to call on him. PA'CHEEN is anxious for battle and desries to prove his heart. LUSULA, my daughter, will also accompany you on your mission. She will be able to look out for PA'CHEEN. KYNA and I will stay here until their return."

FENNIGAN gives GHORENFORE a friendly nudge.
"And you will need me to keep you out of trouble, of course."

The wizard clears his throat and continues.
"That leaves two more to come on the mission. To bring more, unless they are troops, may jeopardize the fort's defenses. That leaves MARTIN or ARLIE and HLIN or HIMO. I guess we are taking volunteers. Or it is your choice, Lieutenant."







Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch
Back to top 
Page 33 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Return of the Tentacle
» Enterbay & Medicom's Ultimate Unison Han Solo Endor from Return of the Jedi
» Jessie's Return
» Bionicle's Return
» Return of Chen Zhen [2010] [DVDrip]

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: RPG Campaigns :: Greyhawk: Against the Giants Campaign-
Jump to: