Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Moonday, Sunsebb 3rd, 586CY: Oytwood Group: Encounter One   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:23 pm

Oytwood Group
Moonday, Sunsebb 3rd, 586CY
Time: 16:22:42

FENNIGAN leans over to GHORENFORE.
"You are taking into consideration that whatever force NERRAUNE brings with him could be two-times or three-times the size as one of his Huecuva teams, right?"

TREANT #2 grunts
"And how do you expect to trap NERRAUNE in an ambush?"

LOWLYN raises an eyebrow.
"Yes, how do we get to pick where outside the half-mile radius of his lair he will go?"

TREANT #2 corrects LOWLYN.
"One-mile radius."

LOWLYN is stunned.
"What?!"

TREANT #2
"How old is your information?"

LOWLYN grimaces.
"Too old."

PA'CHEEN corrects GHORENFORE.
"Our ability to move without being seen is done in short bursts. It may be a little tricky to track for a long period of time without being spotted. Besides, how would we communicate with the rest of the team?"

MARILYN adds.
"If we want to ambush NERRAUNE in a moment of weakness, we need to know more. We simply do not have enough information. This will require heavy reconnaissance, which also opens the door to be discovered by patrols. That is, if uses any patrols."

DM TO VAL: You can roll Diplomacy on your next post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:32 pm

Ghorenfore turns to Martin and Fennigan
“Well here’s how I’m thinking this would go down...”

Ghorenfore’s face has a very determined look on it, as he looks at Fennigan
“...Fennigan you and Martin would be the initial follow-up team. Using invisibility, you keep yourself and Martin hidden. Martin can move through the woods with the grace and ease of cat, being your a Ranger. Fennigan you can float 3 feet off the ground with your fly ability. Martin you would leave a trail for us to follow. Lowlyn that’s where you come in, You would track Martin from a safe distance, with us in towe, keeping in mind Lusula and Pacheen could follow up Martin and Fennigan as well also from a relatively safe distance, you could also report back to us as needed as a go-between. Once Nerruane picks his spots it’s a matter of closing the ranks and bringing in the reinforcements.”

Ghorenfore turns to Marilyn
“Marilyn you could get a report on their progress part of the way through with that handy sending spell you used, plus you and I togther, can take care of any undead that may give us an issue.”

Ghorenfore in turn looks back to Fennigan again, and as far as the force he has with him, we’ll have to face them weather were here or at his groove or in his lair, It may as well be on our terms...”

Last edited by Valthronis on Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:33 pm

OPPS almost forgot

Diplomacy roll

Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:33 pm

The member 'Valthronis' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 15
Back to top Go down
https://rpgcentral.darkbb.com

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:50 pm

Diplomacy result 25 (+10)
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 11:06 pm

Oytwood Group
Time: 16:24:48

TREANT #1
"Paladin of Pelor, you are asking us to join you in an assault against NERRAUNE. The assault will require us to travel through the blasphemous wasteland he has created. This severely limits our abilities. As much as we despise the path he has chosen, to travel into that place hampers our ability to enact our vengeance. We cannot accompany you, it would be a fool's errand. If there are other ways you wish us to aid you in this endeavor we would agree, but not this."

FENNIGAN shakes his head.
"We are not fighting NERRAUNE on our terms in any case. You are letting him pick the position of his ambush. Once his has picked his spot, the tree shepherds have told us it takes very little time for NERRAUNE to regain his strength. If he is traveling with a large team, it is possible any undead or fiends would delay just long enough for NERRAUNE to regain and unleash his power on us. The only way to hit NERRAUNE while he is weakened is before he reaches a spot to regain his strength. It requires us to come upon him within that 1-mile radius around his lair."

LOWLYN nods.
"To track NERRAUNE along that track requires 20 to 30 minutes depending on our movements. That's 20 to 30 minutes of not being seen. We would have to track him and his force from his domicile out until he is away from quick assistance."

FENNIGAN
"None of the spells you have mentioned have durations long enough to be of use with such a long timeframe. Besides, the number of spells you want us to use severely limits our combat potential when confronting NERRAUNE. We cannot afford that."

LUSULA chimes in.
"Anyone in the air must also be aware that NERRAUNE does have spectral undead on his team. Anyone airborne will have to avoid them. That's a dangerous proposition while the rest of the team is fighting a large force on the ground."

PA'CHEEN adds,
"And the blue-skinned humanoids will be hidden if they accompany NERRAUNE. While their fighting prowess is something to be desired, their ability to hide is unparalleled. We never noticed them until they were on top of us."

MARILYN snaps her fingers.
"We can fix the communication problem with message. FENNIGAN, what's you range with it?"

FENNIGAN answers, thoughtfully, while rubbing his chin.
"170 feet. I see, I can cast the spell and set up communication between a scout party and the main party. As long as we stay within 170 feet of each other, we can relay messages back and forth. The spell would give us over an hour of communication. It will not hinder our spell power for facing NERRAUNE, either."

MARILYN adds,
"Even better, you can be a middle party in a chain between the scout party 170 feet ahead of you, your advance party, and the heavier troops 170 feet behind you. We would need to close the distance quickly when it came time to face NERRAUNE. But we could do that over a span of a minute, like 20 feet every 6 rounds. Once we are maybe 60 or 40 feet from each other, the scout harries NERRAUNE's team, and the heavier force moves in quickly to close the gap.
"However, I would still prefer to have some heavy reconnaissance. And what I mean by that is setting up a base camp and taking a few days to watch NERRAUNE's lair and his movements. If he has pattern, perhaps that will help set an ambush of our actual choosing. Unfortunately, this does open the possibility of having our camp discovered. It gives us the added foreknowledge on what type of force he takes with him into the woods and how his lair is protected while he is gone."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 9:05 pm

Ghorenfore thinks for a moment
"Watching him for a while to see if there is a pattern that would evolve can give us a huge advantage. The Base camp would need to be heavily secured. I dont see anyway that we can hide it, but with the right spells we may be able to secure it."
Ghorenfore looks at Marilyn
"Putting the fires in pits would help to reduce our noticablity,..."
Ghorenfore looks at Fennigan
"what kind of early warning spells can we up?"
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Moonday, Sunsebb 3rd, 586CY: Oytwood Group: Encounter One   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 12:49 am

Oytwood Group
Time: 16:28:48

FENNIGAN answers GHORENFORE
"Lieutenant, I have one scroll for an alarm spell that would last ten hours. Beyond that I have very little. I can attempt to transcribe the spell into my own book, but that will take at least a day."

LOWLYN adds
"I can cast alarm as well. My spell would last eight hours. I'm not certain if MARTIN has similar spellcasting ability."

MARILYN looks at GHORENFORE
"I can enchant areas around the camp with glyph spells to protect the camp. They can be rigged to be triggered specifically by undead. Or we could have a password to bypass the glyphs. I may be able to get away with casting four of them over four days. It would lay a protective trap in a 35 by 35 foot area. The spells are permanent, unlike the alarms. They can also be enchanted with destructive magic or other spells."

MARILYN turns to LOWLYN
"How far is NERRAUNE's grove from here?"

LOWLYN
"About six or seven hours, why?"

MARILYN continues
"We can set up a base camp about three hours from NERRAUNE's grove. We can then plan to arrive at his camp before he strikes out into the wood or afterward."

FENNIGAN raises an eyebrow.
"Why after NERRAUNE leaves?"

MARILYN turns to FENNIGAN
"If NERRAUNE leaves with a large force, he leaves his grove vulnerable to attack. It's the perfect time to check response times. Especially to see if NERRAUNE has any modes of quick transportation to get back to his grove, should it fall under attack."

FENNIGAN
"Like teleport?"

MARILYN nods,
"Or similar abilities. In any case, it takes NERRAUNE 20 to 30 minutes to reach a prime spot to regain his abilities. It takes us the same amount of time to reach his camp. That gives us a possible 10 minute window to cause havoc and be on our way back to camp before NERRAUNE returns. Once again, depending on his response time."

LOWLYN adds,
"I can hide my tracks, plus the tracks of three other souls. That covers nonmagical ways of tracking."

PA'CHEEN chimes in with a smile
"And the rest of us can fly . . . or have more inventive ways of travel."

FENNIGAN then asks,
"So what is to keep NERRAUNE's goons from stumbling on our camp while we're not there and destroying it? Or setting up an ambush for our return? This is assuming NERRAUNE sends out scout groups."

MARILYN answers FENNIGAN
"If we focus our attacks at night, we get several advantages. I know, that seems counterintuitive. If NERRAUNE has to regain abilities at night, he is more vulnerable at night than during the day and so is his camp when he is not present. Also, if we travel and strike at night, that gives us at least 2 hours where fires will not be blazing at our campsite. Also, if we stay up at night and cover shifts during the day, we will be more alert for an attack at night. We know that nighttime is the most likely time the undead and skulking fiends will want to attack. Some spectral undead, like wraiths and spectres, are powerless in true daylight, so naturally they would attack at night. So, at night, we should be ready for them."

PA'CHEEN whistles
"It's bold, I like it!"

LUSULA smiles, but her tone is flat.
"You would."

MARILYN smiles at PA'CHEEN, shocked by the compliment from so high a being.
"Thank you."

Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 7:41 pm

MARTIN has been sitting very quietly amongst the party, trying not to draw any particular attention to himself. The flurry of conversation about tracking & hunting enemies lights a spark in his eyes; particularly LOWLYN's comment about the alarm spell. MARTIN speaks up. "I can cast alarm & it'll last six hours, but it's wasted on our camp. It only has a 20' radius. People on watch should give better warning. When we leave camp, there would only be a short time for us to be close enough to know SOMETHING came through."

MARTIN smirks - a rare sight of late - with a predatory look in his eyes. "Better to find an entrance to NERRAUNE's caverns. Strike anything at the entrance & cast alarm there as we leave with the spell giving a mental signal. The caster can go hide a mile away & know every time anything passes through. We wouldn't know exactly what, but it's either NERRAUNE or his non-spectral forces. Even if the spell fizzles out early, we know an enemy caster dispelled it & is only a mile away if we want to make a secondary strike."

*** correction from twelve to six hours per DM since I missed that detail in the handbook ***

Last edited by CondieBerks on Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 9:45 pm

DM POST: MARTIN's spell would last six hours. A ranger's caster level is half of his actual level.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Moonday, Sunsebb 3rd, 586CY: Oytwood Group: Encounter One   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 10:32 pm

Oytwood Group
Time: 16:32:18

FENNIGAN turns to MARTIN
"Alarm spells are not wasted at camp. They are usually placed in strategic areas that you expect an enemy to manuver through. They can also be placed outside of the visual range of those on watch, being used as an early warning system. If a mental or audible ping goes off, then you exactly in what direction some of the enemy is coming. Alarm spells used in tandem can be very effective, especially if reinforced with nearby glyph spells or other such protective spells.

"Besides, the alarm spells would serve us best at night, when our vision is hindered. And we would probably want to set up the spells after we return from NERRAUNE's grove. I was not thinking of using them as a security measure when we were gone, I was thinking of using them as extra 'watchmen'."

PA'CHEEN chimes in
"True, but we could use an alarm spell at NERRAUNE's front door as well. We could also use that same spell if we move into the underground caves NERRAUNE and his goons are now hiding in. That way, if an enemy moves in behind us, we will know. We could set up an ambush or prepare a withdrawal."

TREANT #2 looms over MARTIN.
"Yes, what is the orc doing here? His kind is not a lover of our brothers and sisters."
Its massive wooden bulk turns to GHORENFORE.
"And why would you, paladin, or any of you consort, with the likes of"--the TREANT turns back to MARTIN, looking the ranger up and down with wooden eyes--"it."

Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 12:19 am

The spark in MARTIN's eyes fades at TREANT #2's comment. He responds "In my previous life, I was a human soldier serving alongside the lieutenant." & nods towards GHORENFORE. "After a giant ended that, I was reincarnated by a young elven druid I'd recently met. Now I have a body that my old form was trained to track, hunt, & kill without remorse. She meant well, but I haven't figured out what to do with myself... As for the druid, she'd have eagerly joined in this hunt, but was killed in our latest run-in with NERRAUNE's minions." MARTIN looks more hurt by that memory than by the comment on his current form.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Moonday, Sunsebb 3rd, 586CY: Oytwood Group: Encounter One   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:56 am

Oytwood Group
Time: 16:34:06

TREANT #2's wooden eyes soften as he stares at MARTIN.
"You have my apologies."

TREANT #2 spreads a wooden smile across his face. It attempts a comforting jest, while still acknowledging the seriousness of the situation.
"I see we are all just miserable wretches in the place we still call home."

TREANT #1
"Yes, the giants have earned our ire as well. The city which used to be called Preston is teeming with murderers. Recently, the giants have begun to move through this portion of the forest as well." TREANT #1 grumbles an afterthought, "Wretched trolls."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:08 pm

Ghorenfore is about to answer the Treant’s question when Martin chimes in and answers for him.

Ghorenfore nods in agreement “There is much to do and we are limited by those forces that conspire around us. Weather NERRUANE or the Giants, or Trolls or the Orcs, There is much work to done here and I greatly appreciate anything you can offer to us in the form of aid, even if it is the benefit of your wisdom.”

His eyes look around the camp at everyone, then fall back on the Treant’s, Lowlyn, and Martin
“Would this base camp we are planning on setting up fall inside the blasphemous wasteland NERRUANE has created?”

Ghorenfore was unsure of the boundaries and was unfamiliar with the lay of the land, something he found as a great hindrance at moments like this. He considered himself lucky to have the skilled Rangers such as Martin and Lowlyn.

His thought hoping that if the base camp fell outside that wasteland that perhaps the Treants might agree to help secure a base camp and offer some added protection. It was a fleeting thought and the moment he had it, he had already dismissed it as a near impossibility. So he moved on to his next order of Business, and in turn looked at Fennigan

“Fennigan, First chance you get I want you to scribe that spell, we’ll secure the base camp tomorrow, and set up our security systems when we find a well hidden spot. Make sure all fires are in pits, and we’ll do our best to camouflage the area. Once we have a Base camp set up we’ll begin fleshing out Recon teams and plans.”

Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Moonday, Sunsebb 3rd, 586CY: Oytwood Group: Encounter One   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:52 pm

Oytwood Group
Time: 16:35:12

TREANT #1 smiles broadly
"Pardon me, I think we may be able to help in other ways."
He moves northwest toward a grove of trees near the Olvewater.

LOWLYN nods to GHORENFORE.
"Lieutenant, the base camp MARILYN is recommending would be about three hours from NERRAUNE's grove. That puts the camp 6 miles from NERRAUNE. NERRAUNE's realm of deforestation, by the tree shepherds' intelligence, is only out to a one-mile radius from his lair. I would not want to set up our base in that terrible wasteland, we may need to hunt and forage food at some point."

MARILYN
"Yes, Lieutenant, foraging would be important if we run out of rations. I don't think it would be wise for me to conjure up food and drink everyday. We will need all the spell power I can muster on the camp defenses and NERRAUNE."

FENNIGAN nods at GHORENFORE's orders.
"I can attempt to scribe the scroll at some point; however, I will need eight hours of uninterrupted work."

TREANT #1 reaches the edge of the Olvewater and stands near a massive oak tree.
"Brother, I need to collect our valuables. If you could please move from your spot for a moment."

The massive oak quivers slowly and then sways it massive leafless bulk. Roots erupt from the ground. The oak slides to the north slowly, nestling back into the earth about 10 feet away.

TREANT #1 reaches into the revealed hole and pulls out a massive knapsack. The sack is weaved with intertwining twigs, leaves, and vines. TREANT #1 places it on the ground, opens it with a simple twist and removes a smaller sack. It is a backpack sized for a human, but looks tiny in the TREANT's immense gnarled hands. TREANT #1 returns the larger sack to the whole, and the oak uproots again, spreading once again to its original spot.

MARILYN leans toward GHORENFORE
"I wonder if they will come along and bring their friends. You cannot ask for better sentries."

TREANT #1 returns to the group placing the backpack at GHORENFORE's feet. He points at the pack.
"Equipment we took from a group of especially annoying orcs some time ago. If the items will aid you, you are free to take them."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:41 pm

Ghorenfore nods to MARILYN
"I was thinking that exact same thing actually."

He in turn then looks at pack, then back up at the TREANT
"Thank you my freinds, I am sure this will be of great Help, we greatly appreciate it."

Ghorenfore looks down and pauses clearing his throat, then back up
"Would you and your freinds do us the Honor of accompying us to the base camp? We could certainly benefit from your experinace in these woods, and having an extra set of eyes, always helps as well."

Diplomacy roll:
(+10)

Last edited by Valthronis on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:46 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling grrrrrrr)
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:41 pm

The member 'Valthronis' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 20
Back to top Go down
https://rpgcentral.darkbb.com

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:47 pm

Unsure if needed BUT

DIPLOMACY = 30!!!
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Moonday, Sunsebb 3rd, 586CY: Oytwood Group: Encounter One   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:40 pm

Oytwood Group
Time: 16:37:00

TREANT #1 nods, closing his wooden eyes in respect.
"We will aid you as best we can, Paladin. Perhaps in your forays into NERRAUNE's blasphemous realm, you may bring some trouble back with you to your base camp."

TREANT #2 smiles
"To which we will happily aid you in crushing the fools."

FENNIGAN reaches down into the sack and takes a look at the equipment. He muses thoughtfully.
"Three potions and a scroll."
He grabs the sack and moves to his tent.
"I'll see what I make of these, Lieutenant."

MARILYN bows to the TREANTS.
"We graciously accept your assistance. But we do not have your names."

TREANT #1 smiles and slowly claps his massive hands together.
"Of course, where are my manners. I am GREYBARK and my brother is STORMWOOD."
There is a long pause.
"There is another matter to which I am reluctant to bring up, but it involves payment for our services. We expect a fair share. Trade is useful to us as well in good and bad times."

LOWLYN turns to GHORENFORE.
"I do not think that should be a problem."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:55 am

Ghorenfore smiles as a fleeting memory of his mother's stories passes through his mind. Responding in kind to Lowlyn
"No, not a problem at all," he says still somewhat taken away by the meere presence of Greybark and Stormwood "And Once again thank you for everything."

Ghorenfore turns to MARILYN, MARTIN, and LOWLYN
"Marilyn, lets start securing the campsite. I want to make fully sure were good to go, we have no room for error on this. Lowlyn you'll cast your Alarm spell first tonight, then Martin you can finish out the night and recast it when yours runs out. That should give us plenty of time. Martin you and I need to get some pits dug for these fires. Given what happened on Our way to Hococh we cant be to careful."

Ghorenfore pauses for a moment and looks at Marilyn, his eyes meetings hers. There is a distinct softness to his look and it appears as if he is about to say something but changes his mind and goes back to work.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:52 pm

Oytwood Group
Time: 17:00:00

The sun has set and Celene rises from the eastern horizon. The blue moon is still in the 1st quarter phase. With the failing light of twilight the smaller moon, Luna, is seen as a black disk. The stars are twinkling into the sky.

Two fires are burning in their firepits and the tents are erected. LOWLYN placed and alarm 60 FEET to the southeast of the camp.

The TREANTS also moved four trees closer to the camp to aid as sentries, should it be necessary. They are the largest trees in the area, two massive red oaks, a sugar maple, and a pine.

The last magically made meal by MARILYN is also conjured.

FENNIGAN is the first to speak.
"I was able to identify the function of these potions. There is one that could very well aid us. I'm uncertain about the other two. The one I believe is important is this one."

FENNIGAN pulls out a cloudy potion. He grabs a burning stick from the fire and holds it behind the potion. Those looking directly into the potion see the cloudiness dissipate.
"This is a potion of see invisibility."

FENNIGAN pulls out the other two potions. One potion is a brown liquid and the other is clear with bits of paper floating in it.
"The brown potion is also warm to the touch and is a potion of speak with animals. This clear potion with the paper in it is a potion of comprehend languages."

FENNIGAN then pulls out the scroll, handing it to MARILYN.
"The scroll is a divine scroll. It will be more useful in your hands."

MARILYN nods and takes the scroll.

FENNIGAN turns to GHORENFORE.
"So, Lieutnenant, how do you want to divide the potions and what ones to wish to return to the TREANTs."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 3:58 pm

Ghorenfore thinks for a moment, unsure of what capabilities the Treants have, He pauses and stares at one of the potions.

Breaking his thought process he speaks up looking at Fennigan

“Give the Comprehend Languages and speak with animals to the Treants, we’ll keep the see invisibility and make sure whoever goes to NERRUANES takes it with them”
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Moonday, Sunsebb 3rd, 586CY: Oytwood Group   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:24 pm

Oytwood Group
Time: 17:00:42

FENNIGAN returns the unwanted potions to the TREANTs.
"A good conclusion to this day, Lieutenant. My our night be restful."

GREYBARK smiles
"You have the forest watching over you as you sleep tonight. Sleep well."

LOWLYN is serene in the woods as the night sky lights up with brilliant constellations and one blue half-moon. He speaks as if in a dream,
"In all of this madness, I find one piece of the world that is how I remember the forest before the giants, before NERRAUNE."

END SCENE

NEXT SCENE: FORT OLVEWATER

DM TO PLAYERS: If you guys want you can discuss watches on the discussion thread. I wish to move on to the fort. If there is an encounter during the night, I will make up the watches if nothing is posted. PA'CHEEN and LUSULA will need three hours of uninterrupted sleep. Beyond that they can stay on watch. The trees will aid the party should you come under attack, but they cannot really spot targets before you. The TREANTS, however, will be vigilant.

Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Moonday, Sunsebb 3rd, 586CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:40 pm

Fort Olvewater
Time: 17:00:00

The entire team is assembled on this night for a strategy meeting. The troops are staying vigilant while MEL assembles the lot of you.

The master sergeant looks around, the hue from the flames of the campfire dance around her face. The hues accentuate her determined features.
"All right, everyone, here is the plan as it stands. At the moment, I do not believe we should risk anymore scouting parties. I need everyone here at the fort to keep it secured. Also, if the Lieutenant calls for help, I want us to be able to answer the call quickly. That said, I want to set up two teams with 12 hour watches. That gives each team 4 hours of downtime and 8 hours of sleep. The watches will begin tonight at 18:00. The night watch will consist of HIMO, ARLIE, NYDENT, and TANYA. You will have seven troops on watch with you: Marcus, Jacob, Crane, Aaron, Lee, Richard, and Terry.
"The second watch from 0600 to 1800 will consist of myself, KIRAK, Lady GLASSBLOWER, FORLIN, CLARA, Kip, Malcolm, Jerry, Biff, Stauder, and Vic."

MEL turns to TA'HEED and KYNA. She takes a deep breath before she engages the lupinals.
"I would appreciate if you could aid the evening watch as well. If you could reserve your rest time for the early morning or evening hours around shift change, I would appreciate it."

TA'HEED nods slightly in acknowledgement.

MEL turns back to the rest of the team.
"Any questions?"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Kirak Looks around but remains silent, His thoughts wandering elsewhere, and his attention drifts, he finds himseld Glancing at Clara occasionally and smiles at her, giving her a nod.
I wonder whats Harden her so much that makes her so distant, so cold.... he wonders
Kirak's mind wanders and thinks perhaps at one point, or at least he hopes, she wasn't always so cold and calculating.
Kirak looks back to Mel, making a metal note that he needed to engage Clara in conversation more, perhaps even form a friendship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: RPG Campaigns :: Greyhawk: Against the Giants Campaign-
Jump to: