Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Other Random Thoughts

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 10:24 pm

Well, now it's my turn.

My desktop went into the shop for its upgrade, but I forgot to move all my files to my thumbdrive. The game may have to be a hold for a little while until I get it back.

Bonus Points for Me!!
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 4:10 pm

Didn't realize my mistake was contagious across the internet. Guess I should've wiped my nose & washed my hands before posting! Laughing
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:45 pm

I'm about to do the main parts swap from my old PC to my new PC. Both have functioning operating systems, but no install of Office.
My next gaming post should be late tonight or more likely tomorrow ... I hope
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 11:31 pm

Good Luck, Condie!

Just got my computer back this evening.
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 1:55 pm

My new system's up & running. I don't have every program reinstalled, but the bulk of my routine stuff is in.

I'm very surprised your computer took so long. If your upgrade was just the memory & video card we talked about, it should've been done in just a few hours. All I can guess is yours was waiting behind other customers.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:59 pm

A word of warning to anyone interested:

If you ask a woman if she is tall enough for the chair she is sitting in, she will chase you down the hall, attempting to stab you with a pen.

Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 1018881574
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 12:55 pm

She hit me! I didn't do anything this time.

In the immortal words of Captain Jack Sparrow
"I'm not certain I deserved that."
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 10:49 pm

As I continue catching up on things

If she hit you for nothing, do you get a free taunt? Does it mean she expected you to taunt on a schedule? You missed your appointment, but she still made her scheduled reply?

In other news, I finally can't take it anymore at work. I'm still employed, but I cleaned up my resume & started looking for the next one last week. Already got 2 of my regulars as references. Let's see what adventure life has for me next!
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 10:57 pm

Good Luck on the job front, my friend!

I'm attempting to get to DC in 2014 working in marine policy.

Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 9:02 pm

Happy 14th Baktun, everyone!

My we have another interesting 5,125 years!

And to all those who thought the world would end. I give you the raspberry!!

Besides, everyone is supposed to wait for R'yleh to rise from the depths and Cthulhu will devour the world.

Sheesh! Get your doomsday prophecies right for once.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 11:05 pm

Sadly, there are always crazy people around who will believe any silly thing you tell them.

Let's spread a rumor that climate change will cause sea level to rise. The rising water will interact with resources on land causing everyone to drown in jello! That should prevent most people from getting ahead of us when the Dark Ones return.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 6:22 pm

As long as we spin it so they drown in raspberry jello! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:06 am

lines from flash game I came across
http://www.freewebarcade.com/game/qoosh/

"No need to fear for your safety, it might be completely safe. Probably"

"You didn't explode! Good. I was starting to get discouraged after the last hundred or so subjects."

"Oh, by the way, I can destroy you at any time, solely for my own amusement.
.. What, you didn't think that was funny? Oh, you probably don't have feelings then. That's good data."
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:43 pm

Hey Guys,

Sorry, I haven't forgotten about you guys. My weekend was filled with science stuff, as Condie pointed out in a Check this Out post. I was also under the weather last night, got three hours of sleep (broken up over eight hours of tossing). I'm going to bed early tonight, but will catch the game out tomorrow night.

One more thing. From February 16th to the 23rd I'll be in New Orleans for an ASLO meeting. There probably will not be any posts at that time.

If anyone wants to get together for this coming Saturday, let me know. I have Blue Crab Bowl almost all day, but the evening will be clear.
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 9:01 pm

For the record, catching the flu still sucks.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 6:14 pm

Hey Villianous Gents,

If there is any gallant bones left in your withered bodies, we need to get together this Saturday and help Lynn move to her new apartment. After that there should be a game night at Condie's!

What say the two of you?

afro samurai
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 7:34 pm

I can do that. If need be, I can borrow my folks' van too. Far as game night, they still need an introduction to Double Dash's battle mode!
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 7:48 pm

Hey Condie,

That would help Lynn save some money without having to get a truck. Would the van work for transporting furniture, like a couch and a van?
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 7:55 pm

Hey Condie,

Would you be free again form helping to move Lynn's stuff this weekend? She has offered to pay for tickets to see Guardians of the Galaxy.

Evil, would you be able to help as well?
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 2:02 am

Late post before bed.

Yeah, I can help this weekend. The van's available too.

G'night!
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 1:05 pm

Thanks!

I will call you later today, so we can work out the details. She was talking about meeting at 3pm on Saturday to move the big stuff. She has assured me that she has moved most of the small stuff since she has been back from the open sea.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 10:24 am

Hey Condie,

So the Bearcat that is now in Keene, New Hampshire, was actually purchased by the town. It's weird though, because they applied for a grant by the Department of Homeland Security to get the funding to purchase the vehicle. 

So, Keene, N.H., just spent federal money to buy US military equipment. So it wasn't technically a freebie, just one government agency giving money to a small town to spend at another government agency. I wonder what the maintenance costs are for a nearly $300,000 armored vehicle.

John Oliver Factcheck
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 7:31 pm

From additional stories & Youtube clips, I think Keene, NH used the grant to buy the truck from the manufacturer.  Sooooo... Homeland Security is handing out our federal tax dollars in 6-figure bundles as sales rep & middleman for tactical equipment companies?

Police 'Tank' Purchase Riles New Hampshire Town
Quote :
Since the Sept. 11 attacks, the war on terror has accelerated the trend toward militarization. Homeland Security hands out anti-terrorism grants to cities and towns, many specifically to buy military-grade equipment from companies like Lenco. In December, the Center for Investigative Reporting reported that Homeland Security grants totalled $34 billion, and went to such unlikely terrorism targets as Fargo, N.D.; Fon du Lac, Wisc.; and Canyon County, Idaho. The report noted that because of the grants, defense contractors that long served the Pentagon exclusively have increasingly turned looked to police departments, hoping to tap a "homeland security market" expected to reach $19 billion by 2014.

BEARCAT Attack Truck Arrives in Keene, Police Toys

Lenco BearCat - Jay Leno's Garage
Ford 2015 CHassis Cab Specifications
The Bearcat is a fancy armored body on a Ford F-550 chassis - a variant on armored trucks going to banks everyday.  It costs a fortune changing the shocks & suspension & putting so much thick, heavy material on it.  It's sort of like a smaller dump truck that never gets to dump its load.  That actually shouldn't mean any particularly unusual parts for a city garage, but it will mean worse mileage & faster wear & tear.

Now if you want the other end of the spectrum:  BRPD, State Police get armored military troop carriers
$15,000 for an MRAP is cheaper than nearly every vehicle a city has, but it weighs comparable to a fire truck!
Quote :
But the trucks do have some limitations.

They are too big to travel on some bridges and roads, Then there’s some cost of retrofitting them for civilian use. Plus, they are costly to operate. The 36,000-pound behemoths get about 5 miles to the gallon.

State Police spokesman Capt. Doug Cain said it will cost that agency about $10,000 to retrofit their MRAP.

Ford 2015 F-650-750 Specifications
I'm betting it uses a Ford F-750 chassis, which just happens to support a max vehicle weight of 37,000 lbs.  If a city can maintain its own dump trucks & fire trucks, it can maintain that thing.  That $25,000 grand total is still cheaper than a police car.  That said, with the horrid mileage as a guide, how fast does the damn thing go through parts?  Do the feds offer vehicle maintenance grants?
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:50 pm

Hey Condie,

Which weekend would be better for you for a birthday celebration? I was thinking of a Saturday of course.  I was looking at either the Oct 25th or Nov 1st.

I was actually planning something, so I wanted to check when you would be free.

Also, Evil, could you do either Saturday?
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 10:24 pm

I actually put in for that whole week off, so I'm free at either end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other Random Thoughts   Other Random Thoughts - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Other Random Thoughts
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next