Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
CondieBerks

Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 7:19 pm

My bad. I would've sworn I had gotten that when I updated Wednesday. Apparently, I updated my computer file & missed XP editing my post.

Far as Fawn, if someone tried bringing her back, she'd resist it. She's gone from one nature to another & she likes the new one. I wouldn't mind eventually bringing in another monk or druid, though. For whatever reason, I've had an idea in my head for twin brothers - a druid & a shifter. Would that be putting too many characters in the mix?
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:10 pm

For the moment, it would be too many characters in the mix. I want to put a cap on three characters/player for this campaign. That would give us twelve characters, plus NPCs, plus followers. Yikes!

However, keep it in the back of your mind. The idea sounds intriguing.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Hey Val,

If Diplomacy is still an option for you, let me know when you are beginning the Diplomacy rounds. When it is time to make a roll I'll let you know with a roll from MARILYN. She is more than capable of helping you out. Strictly she will be attempting to aid you on your Diplomacy check. If she's successful she will be able to grant you a +2 to your roll. That is as long as your ideas are on the same path.

Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:28 pm

Nearly forgot to put this up. This an answer to a conversation we had last weekend.

FENNIGAN has both Invisibility and Invisibility Sphere for use.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:46 pm

How many Rangers are currently with us?

2?

Lowlyn and Martin correct?
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 10:11 pm

Yeah, two rangers. Completely forgot about Martin. Treants shouldn't be happy to see the "orc". I'll have to work that in somehow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 10:35 pm

My Thought process (jump in anywhere you want Condie / Evilbob)

Martin and Lowlyn can track NERRUANE from a distance using an Ivisability sphere (utalizing Move silently of course too)

Lusula and Pacheen can follow them from a distance and report back to us, if we have a general direction we can keep a pace and close the distance fairly quickly when the time comes.

Another possibilty is to get a report straight from Marlyin using her sending spell (similar to the one she used to report to Ghorenfore with the other mourning).
This has the draw back of waiting a set period of time and either being to late or to early on the report, However if were to early at least we'll know what direction they were headed.

Fennigan may be able to keep track from the sky as well, (this may be slightly risky as well)

Once we know wheres he stopped we can have the Treants close the distance. Marliyn and Ghorenfore can take out the undead, Lusula and Pacheen know the demons and lead the assualt on them, Martin, Lowlyn, Hlin, and the treeants can be the strike force to take out NERRUANE.

also if the undead go down easy, hopefully the plan is to have G and Marilyn join the fight on the demons....uhhh feinds ....whatever they are!

Thats what I have so far...

Proceed with the hole poking please! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 4:35 pm

ok well then....
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:06 pm

The only if we can get to work with us
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:55 pm

????? What, Evil? I have no idea what you just said.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:37 pm

Oh, shit!

Pardon me gentlemen if the Lupinals start using abilities they did not have before. I was looking through my old Planescape books and found some information on Guardinals. How 3rd edition ruined so much. Bloody Hell.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 3:15 pm

Ok,

Heres my next thought

Endure elements is cast at level 1 by:
Clerics
Paladins
Rangers
and Sorcers / wizards

Ghorenfore could cast it twice....
How many other EXTRA castings could we get?!?!

according to my calcualtions we would need to cover Lusula, Pacheen, and Hlin... (ohh yea and My horse! Razz)

Everyone else could cast it on themselves (Lowlyn, Martin, Fennigan, and Marilyn)
after wich we could set up a blind as our base camp and elminate the need for a campfire...

Thus rendering our Base camp very well hidden!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 11:51 pm

Marilyn has 5 1st Level spells; LOWLYN has two; and FENNIGAN has 5 1st Level spells slots/day.

PA'CHEEN and LUSULA do not need endure elements. Running and frolicking through ice cold water ring a bell?

The paladin can cast endure elements on himself and share it with the horse. They just have to stay within 5 feet of each other.

However, every spell cast is one that cannot be used in combat or to increase defenses. FENNIGAN has alarm and so should the rangers. That spell is much more useful at the base camp. MARILYN may also be able to pull off a Glyph of Warding attuned to the team.

As far as a well hidden camp: Undead = darkvision, fiends = darkvision. What hidden camp? Without a fire all you do is keep the Spot DC from being lowered. You can also do that by building fires in pits. This reduces the contrast in the night from -5 to -2. Therefore the fire only lowers the Spot DC by two points instead of five. The large tents and the number of people are a staple and will actually do more to lower the Spot DC than the fires. Keeping the camp secure is probably a better strategy than hiding it.

Also, without a fire, you limit those in your party who need the light to see. Do not hinder your comrades (and yourself) in an attempt to hide.

There is another way to avoid the fire issue altogether . . .

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 11:55 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:10 pm

Question: Does Fennigan have rope trick?

Its a 2nd level spell, just curious.

If he does this may also create an excellent hiding area for a recon team or anyone who needs to hide in a hurry!

(I know we've done this before.)

A passing thought I just had is all.....
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:15 pm

No, he does not have rope trick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:19 pm

Darn!
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:18 pm

Wow, Val, that was quick! Uh, thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:34 pm

Not really, My connection sucks ass....

If I don't respond right away I apologize in advance. This is the worst Internet Ive ever seen.... Mad

Ohh well, onward and upward
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:30 am

HIMO: (From Kirak)

with your Low light Vision,
give me a scan (spot check) of the shoreline, he may not be alone...
you stand a better chance of seeing them than I do, in the dark.

Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:09 pm

Fort Olvewater
Godsday, Sunsebb 4th, 586CY
Time: 06:49:00

The sun is about ready to rise over the eastern horizon. The twinkling stars are fading in the bright morning sky.

Well HIMO would love to do that but are two reason why HIMO won't do it one is the bright morning won't let him use his low-light vision and the second is that two other characters that didn't see anything yet

Not be to evil as my nickname implies but I would think it would good having extra eyes with CLARA and her troops since it started there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:18 pm

My bad, I was thinking it was night time for some reason.

I guess it would have been in military time had it been PM,.............opps Rolling Eyes
A simple pointing out of the mistake would have been more than enough though!

Val.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:11 pm

As Kirak Moved 15 feet and he can move a total of 50, let me know if a climb check is needed to get up the sentry post, I was a little unsure of how this worked with his monk abilities.

Val
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:13 pm

The sentry post is little more than a tent on a someone elevated position. It's a bare bones fort.

As for the soldiers, I only started giving them names for dialogue between them. As long as I know who you are addressing, their names are not really necessary. But here they are anyway:

FT 1 Marcus
FT 2 Jacob
FT 3 Crane
FT 4 Aaron
FT 5 Lee
FT 6 Richard
FT 7 Terry
FT 8 Kip
FT 9 Malcolm
FT 10 Jerry

CT 1 Biff
CT 2 Stauder
CT 3 Vic
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 11:27 pm

afro samurai

Well, that sucked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) Empty

Back to top Go down

Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: RPG Campaigns :: Greyhawk: Against the Giants Campaign-
Jump to: