Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
CondieBerks

Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:57 pm

I believe Martin just found the needle in the haystack. I recall a rumor that's supposed to be difficult.
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 1:44 pm

Um, the new posted map is of the surface instead of level 1. Also, shouldn't the time in your post be 16:32 or did we get caught in a time warp the characters haven't noticed yet?

@*$% DMs being able to manipulate the 'verse at their whims...

I know!
Martin realizes they somehow reappeared on the surface. "They're on to us & are trying to slow us down! We need to door back, & move faster!"
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 2:26 pm

Crap! He's on to me! I mean . . . uh . . . it was an . . . honest mistake.

<shrugs and grins sheepishly>

I wanted to say that there are creatures that are manipulating space and time that work for the wacked out druid, but that may be taken seriously (and messing with maps would be the perfect way to show that ability)

afro samurai

However, I apparently cannot do math when it comes to time. Think of it this way, at least blur would last longer.

I'll make the changes.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 10:57 pm

Hey comrades,

So in the interest in making the game run smoother, I will be going through the items that I have recorded that your characters have I will be identifying them for you. I plan to do this with all items that you will come across in any game. This will make the Identify spell fairly obsolete, except in extreme circumstances (such as identifying the purposes of magical devices and such that are not typical "items"). Legend Lore will also help in this case.

The really good news is that this means I'm tossing the idea of cursed weapons, even though some items a character may come across could have disadvantages in their use, but they are not necessarily cursed and you will typically know about the risk when you pick up the item. Then you can decide if you will still want to use it.

Artifacts, Items of legacy, relics, and perhaps even items that belonged to a set will not be immediately divined upon pick up and will need magic or research to uncover their true power. Sentient items can also be notoriously tight lipped about being sentient as well. That way there is still some discovery and mystery, but it is only with rare items.

I'll probably slowly add the identified items in the character sheet section in a separate post, so you update your character sheet as you wish.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) - Page 8 EmptySat May 02, 2015 10:13 am

Hey Evil,

Is Hlin, readying an action to attack an incoming wraith? You did not state anything in your last post so I assumed that you are not readying an action. Let me know, before Hlin's turn comes up.
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) - Page 8 EmptySun May 03, 2015 12:24 pm

Aloddaharm

Yes Hlin is ready for wraiths when they attack sorry for not posting that. 

Had impatience person that need to use the pc.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) - Page 8 EmptySun May 03, 2015 6:43 pm

Thanks, Evil. No worries, I just didn't want to skip you, if you had readied an action.

Also, I forgot to mention this earlier, but your crystal of truedeath does not give you a +1 to hit or to damage against undead, it only gives you and extra +1d6 of damage to undead should you successfully hit. I think you maybe mixing the abilities of your crystal.

I hope the job hunting is going well.
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) - Page 8 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 9:12 pm

Props to the DM. You successfully messed with my head all week having that wraith come out the wall & talk instead of attack! Just couldn't decide how the heck Martin would react to it.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) - Page 8 EmptySat May 09, 2015 10:21 am

I laughed a bit, because my intention was never to mess up Martin's action. I even shake players up when I'm not intending to. I'm just that good . . . or too good.

:afro:I am your lord and master.

But actually as per the rules, the wraith cannot attack until everyone who's readied gets an action.

As far as the wraith talking, remember there are two. Although, I think I messed that up. Oh well, live and learn. I think I'm going to fix that in the next post.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 8:04 pm

Hey Condie, are your last action does that mean that you are peeking your head around the corner for the Spot check?
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 8:10 am

My bad. Yes, that was my intention - in the hope he doesn't get blasted in the face with whatever trap spell may have been cast the last round.

Martin could really use a little hand mirror right now.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) - Page 8 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 11:30 am

A hand mirror would be awesome, especially if attached to a quarterstaff.

No worries, I just wanted to make sure what Martin saw. I also realized that the southern passage has not be drawn as well. Martin was the first to go that far south.

All right, posting time.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 8:29 pm

Hey Guys,

So I've made an error on attacks of opportunity. I should have mentioned this sooner. Technically moving into a threatened area and moving around the threatened area should not invoke an attack opportunity. So this ogre skeletons, with their ten-foot reach, would not get attacks of opportunity because you move into melee.

Now, if you moved in and out of the ogre skeleton's threatened squares, say to get at the wall of the ogre skeletons further into the room that would invoke an attack of opportunity.

With Marilyn and Jacob, I'll show you what I mean. They are going to move into the room, to engage the skeletons WITHOUT invoking an attack of opportunity. The only way there would be an opportunity attack is if the skeletons had a reach weapon that could not be used to attack an adjacent foe.

I hope this makes sense, let me know if it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 12:21 am

I'm a little confused by the map. Your post said OS5 & 8 were defeated, but 5 is still on the map. That, I can deal with, but what is SW1 over by Jacob? Is that the magic scythe that attacked Lusula or something else?
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 7:17 pm

I more than likely forgot to remove OS5. And yes, SW1 is the spiritual weapon that attacked Lusula. I did forget to mention that in the post.

I'll make certain to correct when I update the map.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 9:29 pm

Hey Evil,

Don't forget you can get one attack in if you move 20 feet. 20 feet is your move action and an single attack is your standard action. If you moved more than 20 feet, then you would not be able to get an attack in.

Also, gents, I'm going on vacation for a few days, so I will not be posting before Wednesday of next week. This week was crazy, so I wasn't able to post either.

Talk to you guys soon. Hopefully, I will see the two of you in December.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 10:02 pm

So, Evil, go ahead and get your attack in as you should be within attacking range on the ogre skeleton.
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 7:48 pm

I'm confused.  Your previous post said Md was next, but now you've posted Marilyn's move.  Is there a post missing?
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 11:14 pm

Hmm, apparently there is.

I had Md move to where FC was at the far end of the room. That was all I had her do. I must have made the move on my excel files and forgot to post it. I could have sworn I posted it.

I apologize for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)   Discussion Thread (Against the Giants) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Discussion Thread (Against the Giants)
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: RPG Campaigns :: Greyhawk: Against the Giants Campaign-
Jump to: