Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Godsday, Sunsebb 4th, 586CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 10:24 pm

Fort Olvewater
Godsday, Sunsebb 4th, 586CY
Time: 06:56:30

TA'HEED nods to KIRAK.
"The service is in the burial. To return your packmate to the earth with your own hands. It is another way to release your attachment, another way to grieve and let go. If you wish to help me in that endeavor, I would be grateful. Granted, I would prefer if we were able to bury her in Elysium, but that is not practical. If she could, she would not protest to being buried where she fell in battle. We are Lupinals, to die in battle is our fate."

TA'HEED turns to head to the supply tent when he is met by Lee and Richard. The two soldiers are carrying shovels.
Lee manages,
"We would like to help."

TA'HEED smiles and places a strong hand on Lee and Richard.
"A soldier's honor is the same across the planes."
TA'HEED looks toward KIRAK
"Come, the four of us shall take turns creating KYNA's last resting place."

TA'HEED gives a polite nod to HIMO's words.
"I thank for your condolences, but we have work to do."

At the high ground, CLARA, TANYA, and GLASSBLOWER have pulled together the gear that RED was carrying.

TANYA quips
"Well, he certainly like to travel light."
She hands the wand to GLASSBLOWER.
"What do you make of this?"

CLARA nods in recognition of the wand.
"It fired an icy ball at TA'HEED. It could be useful to you."

GLASSBLOWER closes the book she had been thumbing through. She looks over the wand. It is an iron rod, thin and only about a foot long. A light blue crystal, like a blue quartz, was at the business end.
"I'm not certain what spell that could be, put the wand will be easy enough to use, regardless. Also, TANYA, you handed me the creature's spellbook. The arcane theory it uses is quite different from my own and frighteningly efficient, but I may be able to transcribe some of the spells from the book."

CLARA also hands GLASSBLOWER a scroll.
"It had this clipped to its belt. I'm almost certain the scroll will also aid you."

GLASSBLOWER takes the scroll and stands.
"Sergeant, I will need to take a few days to look over this equipment, especially the spellbook. I should be able to increase my spell knowledge, but I will not be much help on watch. At least, until my studies are done."

MEL nods to GLASSBLOWER.
"I look forward to some added spell power."

TANYA lifts up the RED's unique weapon.
"And what about this? I have never seen anything like it."

GLASSBLOWER chants, throwing off a detect magic. Her eyes brighten as she stares at the weapon.
"Well, it's not magical."

TANYA looks curiously at the metal haft of the weapon.
"Really? Because its incredibly light for being made out of metal. Then again, it may be completely hollow down the haft. I believe it would be a very fragile melee weapon."

CLARA points to a lever near the bottom of the metal haft.
"Is that a trigger?"

TANYA eyes widen with excitement and curiousity.
"Oh."

Current treasure stash:
9 sp
34 gp
Pure golden pyramids (one square inch in size) with a strange script written on them (x4)
RED's personal melee (?) weapon (acts like a glaive, except no 10ft reach and is half the weight of a normal glaive) [REQUIRES EXOTIC WEAPON PROFICIENCY TO USE WITHOUT PENALTY]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 2:30 pm

Kirak watches thoughtfully and grabs a shovel. Unsure of what to do he simply follows Ta’heed. The importance lying in the burial itself. Kirak raises an eyebrow.

Perhaps Grief IS dealt with differently by the Lupinals. The ceremonial act of burying loved ones in a fashion that reflects that grief.

Interesting... he thinks to himself
The comfort of coming from the outerplanes must draw on itself knowing where Kyna is going.

Or perhaps I am just over thinking this...

Kirak pauses in mid stride contemplating that thought

“Naaaaaaaaa...” he says quietly to himself

Then catches up to Ta'heed
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 9:31 am

HIMO looks curious about Pure golden pyramids (one square inch in size) with a strange script written on them (x4)
to see if it has any moving parts and if he can somewhat understand the writing on them.

Then HIMO asks TANYA when she is not busy with watch and not busy the others in group " Hey, TANYA do you understand this weird writing on this pyramids?"
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Godsday, Sunsebb 4th, 586CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:12 pm

Fort Olvewater
Time: 06:58:36

The pyramid contains no moving parts. It is a solid gold trinket. The pyramid is also perfect. No imperfections exist to alter its geometry. Someone took great care in its authenticity.

TANYA replies to HIMO, but she is still looking over RED's weapon.
"No," she says with a hint of disbelief. "I'm an army scout, not a decipherer of weird writings. However, I can say that those pyramids are made out of pure gold and would probably be worth some money to the right buyer."

TANYA raises the weapon, pointing the hollow end toward a tree.

CLARA says to HIMO,
"Take one, we can find a buyer at a later date."
CLARA turns to TANYA.
"Are you sure you know what you are doing?"

TANYA shakes her head.
"No."

GLASSBLOWER, even though behind TANYA and CLARA, ducks.

TANYA closes her eyes and pulls the lever back. A green bolt shoots from the hollow end of the weapon, hitting a tree. A black mark is left on the tree.

CLARA and TANYA both cheer in celebration.

TANYA
"I have no idea what I just did, but that was exhilarating!"

GLASSBLOWER looks up from the ground, still crouching.
"I'm not certain how it works, but it may be charged. Magical or not, it may have limited uses with those bolts."

CLARA walks back to the modest pile of treasure. She picks up the silver and gold in a pouch.
"There is hardly a reason to split this meager amount, so I'm going to give this to my men. I will take a pyramid for myself and give one to FORLIN for his aid."

TANYA rushes over and greedily grabs the third pyramid.
"HIMO, take the fourth."
She holds RED's weapon before her.
"Perhaps TA'HEED will take this as a trophy."

KIRAK, Lee, Richard, and TA'HEED begin to dig the grave for KYNA, near FAWN's. To KIRAK this hardly seems like a ritual; TA'HEED makes no speech or sermon, he just begins digging. It is silent for a minute until Lee and Richard begin humming some warrior's shanty. TA'HEED asks the soldiers the words and the soldiers begin to sing. It is a short song, catchy and easy to remember (especially due to the bawdy lyrics). TA'HEED learns it quickly and the three of them begin to sing.

Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Godsday, Sunsebb 4th, 586CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:43 pm

Fort Olvewater
Time: 07:58:36

KIRAK finishes helping TA'HEED bury KYNA's body. What started as a terrible tragedy, when KYNA fell from her position in the air, became a solemn chore as her body was buried. With Lee and Richard's singing, the act of digging the grave of an ally became a chore filled with song and, by the end, laughter between the soldiers and TA'HEED.

After the burial "ceremony" GLASSBLOWER, TANYA, NYDENT, CLARA, the troops, and FORLIN gave their condolences to TA'HEED. KIRAK noticed that TA'HEED took each condolence with a smile and strong hand on each of the characters' shoulders. They were all attempting to express their grief and console TA'HEED, but it was obvious to KIRAK that TA'HEED actually consoled their pain for his loss. TA'HEED grieved no longer, not since his last terrible howl of loss.

NYDENT also aided HIMO with a cure spell.

#1 NYDENTS Cure Serious Wounds +5
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Godsday, Sunsebb 4th, 586CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:43 pm

The member 'Aloddaharm' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd8' : 2, 5, 4
Back to top Go down
https://rpgcentral.darkbb.com
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:44 pm

Fort Olvewater
Time: 07:58:36

NYDENT's Result:

Cure Serious Wounds
2 + 5 + 8 + 5 = 20

HIMO heals 20 points of damage.

END SCENE

NEXT SCENE: Oytwood Group
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Godsday, Sunsebb 4th, 586CY: Oytwood Group   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:54 pm

Oytwood Group
Time: 08:00:00

It is a brilliant morning as the party prepares for their march on NERRAUNE's lair. The sun hangs high in the eastern sky and the sky is a breathtakingly deep, sapphire color. The air is chilly and everyone is wrapped up in their winter gear.

LOWLYN walks through the camp with a purpose, checking to make certain all fires are extinguished completely before breaking camp. Satisfied that all is clear, LOWLYN sets his predatory eyes to the eastern section of the Oytwood, the area NERRAUNE's grove lies. His face is creased with lines and emotions betraying anger and determination. He takes the lead as the party reassembles and heads out from the camp.

GREYBARK and STORMWOOD, the treant allies, keep to their promise and accompany the party deeper into the woods. Their small strike force of massive trees also accompany the party. The treants and their tree allies surround the party while on the march, forming an elliptical formation with GREYBARK close to LOWLYN and STORMWOOD taking up the back near HLIN.

DM POST: Do not forget that each character heals 1hp/level for a night's rest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 2:50 pm

During his morning prayers, Ghorenfore prays for the strength, and wisdom, to take down NERRAUNE. He takes great comfort in his new allies but takes even greater comfort knowing his hand will be guided by the will of Pelor. Seeing that Lowlyn is walking and securing the camp before they break Ghorenfore secures his horse and takes up position just behind and to the right of Lowlyn. He continually scans the area, more out of habit than anything else. Looking behind him every so often to scan the party.
But throughout the morning he remains silent, lost in his own thoughts and prayers, and hoping Mel and the others are doing well...
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 8:53 pm

Oytwood Group
Time: 09:20:00

As the assault team travels through the Oytwood a change in the temperment of the forest is felt. MARTIN and LOWLYN sense this change acutely. The forest is quiet. Squirrels are less prevalent on the ground, prefering to stay in their tree nests. Deer are seen rarely and just beyond the limit of sight, they scatter at the slightest rustle of leaves. Blackbirds and songbirds have vanished from the leafless treetops, leaving only the echoing call of buzzards that circle high above the canopy. The forest is hushed waiting on edge for something it fears.

LOWLYN stops and gazes around the forest. He does not appear to be looking at anything inparticular, but he appears to be listening. He speaks in a deep whisper.
"NERRAUNE's arm has grown long, Lieutenant. Everyone should be completely alert from this point on. We're still miles from his lair, but the shock of what he has done is felt even here."

GREYBARK and STORMWOOD are silent, but undaunted. The only sound they make is the rubbing of wood on wood as they walk.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 2:54 pm

Ghorenfore nods in acknowledgment but says nothing, he keeps a weary eye on the forest and his surroundings. He turns back to get a veiw of the rest of the party, and as the eerie calm sets his nerves ablaze, it generates a moment of adrenaline which he quickly brings to a rest and he steadies himself. He keeps to his constant vigil of scanning and checking the area as they move forward. A soft pat on Brakus's head to reasure the horse all is well. Ghorenfore tries to be as ready for whatever awaits them as he can...
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Godsday, Sunsebb 4th, 586CY: Oytwood Group   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:46 pm

Oytwood Group
Time: 13:20:00

At midday, the team reaches a site that LOWLYN points out as an adequate base camp. He reports to GHORENFORE that the camp is over 4 miles from NERRAUNE's grove, giving the team over two hours of distance between this camp and their enemy.

The campsite is concealed, somewhat, by the forest. Two streams run through the center of the camp, so there is plenty of fresh, albeit very cold, water. GREYBARK and STORMWOOD set up the trees in a perimeter around the center of the camp.

LOWLYN turns to GHORENFORE
"I was looking for a more concealed area, but I soon realized that if NERRAUNE's forces know this section of the woods well enough, six massive trees grouped together, where there were none before, will already alert them to a possible intrusion."

MARILYN drops her back at the area that will soon be her tent site. She lets out a relieved sigh to relinquish the load on her back. Her heart is truly in her work now. Her strides grew longer as the team moved closer and closer to NERRAUNE and his undead menace. Now, at the base camp, she prepares her sleeping area with glee at the thought of an undead threat only miles away.
She spoke to GHORENFORE with a glorious smile across her face.
"Well, Lieutenant GHORENFORE, what is the rest of the plan from here?"
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:06 pm

HLIN set up her tent, she goes around the camp site to help others set up their tents. Before the dinner she practices on her fighting style, As she practices There is so much is riding on mission as she thinks to herself.

As the group gathers for dinner HlIN asks LOWLYN and GHORENFORE "LOWLYN and GHORENFORE are we going to be able to carry all the loot that is important to the our party?"

"The reason why is because its seems that this foul beast is be busy with taking a lot of people out and killing these gentle forest. It may be that it has a lot of loot in it's lair and it would be a waste to leave it here." HILN says
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:41 pm

Ghorenfore is about to respond to Marilyn when Hlin interrupts her with her question on loot.
"As much as I can appreciate your desire for the acquisition of STUFF...!"

There was a hint of sarcasm in Ghorenfore's voice and an emphasis on the word 'stuff'

"Obtaining NERRUANES treasure or loot is the very LAST thing on my list, if such items may help us in the battle against the Giants then perhaps I will consider taking it with us, but that will only happen after we put the foul beast down. And there is so much to do between now and then, that to be perfectly honest i neither care to think that far in advance; or wish to assume that we may even lay claim to the belongings of those brave souls who have come before us."

Ghorenfore looks at Marilyn after giving a curt nod to Hlin.

"First thing we need to do is get this campsite secure. Set up the Glyph spell as we had discussed earlier, we already have the fire in pits so that should not be an issue. we’ll also set a few alarm spells as needed come night time. I’m wondering if maybe we could set a few pit traps around the camp in key locations as well, I know it seems kind of primitive, but it may work. I’m open to any other thoughts anyone has here as well.”

Ghorenfore continues

“Second, I’m not sure if Fennigan will have time to get the scroll scribed into his book as we discussed, but I’d like to see if we can’t make that happen anyway. If we’re going to be scouting different area’s the more people with alarm the better. I want to also run with your idea of taking sleeping shifts during the day and attacking at night, I like the advantages of that and it’s a good idea, when the time comes to begin attacks we’ll do it at night as you suggested. Third we’ll look at a scout team of Lusula, Pacheen, Lowlyn and Martin. Lowlyn will need to make sure he covers tracks but I don’t think that should be a problem. I want to start watching things as soon as we possibly can. The scout team will set out on their first mission tomorrow morning early. They’ll be responsible for the heavy reconnaissance we had talked about earlier. Tomorrow will just be about getting locations and fixes on where everything is, setting up and watching. I want to avoid confrontation until we have more information. So stay hidden and out of the way. Also if Martin has the opportunity to use the Alarm spell on the entrance before they head back I think he should take it.”

Ghorenfore pauses for a moment and thinks, then continues

“When the time comes and were ready to move we’ll keep the scout party as Lusula and Pacheen, and Martin. But we’ll have Fennigan in the middle with Lowlyn watching his back. The rest of us we’ll be following up behind him. We’ll close ranks as we discussed, but that’s farther down the road. In the meantime for today I’d like to get all the information on Nerruane and his lair that I can, any details, no matter how small will prove useful, anything there is to know I want brought to the table no matter how small it may seem, if we’re going in armed, i want us armed with power AND knowledge.”

Ghorenfore looks at Marilyn
"Any thoughts?"
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Godsday, Sunsebb 4th, 586CY: Oytwood Group   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 5:12 pm

Oytwood Group
Time: 13:23:46

LOWLYN turns to GHORENFORE.
"Lieutenant, exactly how early in the morning are you planning on the scout party going out? Will we be scouting at night or during the day? You are unclear on that matter. If we scout during the day and attack at night, then we could have a poor idea on what to expect when we attack. Also, if the alarm spell is dropped during a reconnaissance mission, it could be discovered and NERRAUNE will know he has company. We should hold off on alarm until we are ready for a first strike. If alarm is set for a mental alert, the caster has to be within 1-mile of the enchanted area."
"Also, I can keep our scout team from leaving any trace for four hours magically. As long as we are not spotted we should have no problem keeping the enemy blind to our presence. However, casting that spell limits me to one alarm."

MARILYN nods at LOWLYN
"That's exceedingly helpful."
She turns to GHORENFORE
"The plan, I thought, was to scout out NERRAUNE's lair just after sunset, when he leaves his lair. I thought the original plan was to track his movements."

FENNIGAN
"Lieutenant GHORENFORE, please understand that it will take me eight hours to inscribe the spell. I will have to do that during the day. I will be unable to assist on any excursion from the base camp for two days."

LUSULA also speaks up. Her voice is calm and unconcerned, certainly not filled with the tension everyone else displays.
"You may want to keep LOWLYN as a scout at all times. PA'CHEEN and I have the ability to door, giving instant transport for two other people at any time over a 640-foot distance. Our ability will aid in moving a more heavily armored unit to aid a first strike group. It may also aid on keeping tracks to a minimum during reconnaissance. Flying would help with that as well, and it allows us to cover more ground, albeit for a limited duration."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 5:06 pm

Ghorenfore shakes his head realizing his error
"Your absolutely right,..." he says correcting himself "...The scout party will leave at night just after sunset. If you think the Alarm spell will be discovered, then hold off on it. Also hide your tracks as you see fit, since they have the ability to transport, it may make that job easier."
Ghorenfore turns to Marilyn in turn
"Yes, those who are planning on going should get some rest a while and be ready to go in a few hours."
Ghorenfore turns to Lusula and Pacheen
"If you think its better to have Lowlyn as a constant scout and you can transport that far, then we'll do it that way. However at the first sign of trouble I want everyone out of there. We'll set the first scout mission for tonight which will consist of Lusula, Pacheen, Martin and Lowlyn."
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:23 pm

Oytwood Group
Time: 13:26:00

LOWLYN to GHORENFORE and MARILYN.
"Well, if we want to catch NERRAUNE when he heads out at night--"LOWLYN gazes into the sky--"we will need to leave at 1500, that will give us enough time to reach NERRAUNE's lair and perhaps catch him leaving. I think we will refrain from following him this time. I want to see how long he stays gone."

LOWLYN rounds up PA'CHEEN, LUSULA, and MARTIN.
"I want the four of us to split into two teams, we can cover more ground that way. However, we will not split up until we have the grove in sight. LUSULA, you're with MARTIN. PA'CHEEN, I want you with me."

LUSULA and PA'CHEEN nod.

LOWLYN continues.
"I suggest that we may not want to risk more than an hour for our first run. If we feel confident enough, we may be able to push it, especially if NERRAUNE has not returned by the time we are prepared to leave. I only stress the time limit, because pass without trace will only last 4 hours. When we are a half hour from base camp, I'll cast it. From there it is about an hour to the grove. That's two hours of travel, one hour of reconnaissance, and a conservative hour of wiggle room."

PA'CHEEN smiles.
"Battle Buddies, wiggle room, I love primes."

LOWLYN continues
"PA'CHEEN, LUSULA, I won't to hold off using your abilities unless necessary. If anyone advances on our parties, we should certainly get out as quickly as possible. If a general alarm is raised, we will bid a hasty and magical retreat."

LUSULA
"LOWLYN, you may also want to consider keeping both teams within 100 FEET of each other. PA'CHEEN and I can keep in telepathic communication if we are within 100 FEET of each other, the two of you, and any animals. As long as we can see each other, we can communicate within 100 FEET."

LOWLYN
"I will certainly keep that in mind. We will do our best to stay within 100 FEET."

MARILYN leaves the meeting and heads to the eastern forest, a little ways from the camp. She sticks the blade of her bastard sword into the ground. She drops to her knees with the her forehead touching the pommel of her blade. She chants and sprinkles a fine powder of incense and valuable powdered silver. She stands from that spot after a minute of chanting and moves to another adjacent area, plants her sword, and repeats the ritual. MARILYN repeats this process eight more times over the next 10 minutes.

She returns to GHORENFORE.
"An area to the east is warded. It is triggered to blast sonic energy on any undead entering the area. I suspect if we are attacked by NERRAUNE, it will be with undead as well as his other goons. Also, we will not have to worry about setting it off ourselves."

PA'CHEEN rubs his clawed hands together with glee.
"Well, looks like the plan may be coming together."

MARILYN's GLYPH
A SQUARE from
(45, 30) to (51, 30) to (51, 36), to (45, 36) back to (45, 30)
Trigger: Undead
Damage: Sonic (It will only damage undead)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 10:46 pm

Ghorenfore turns to MARTIN,
"I'm open to any idea's if you have them as well. As a Scout and Ranger, and one who has been very familiar with the territory, id be willing to entertain anythoughts you may have."
He Turns to HLIN next
"Also If you have any thoughts of reinforcing the camp as well Hlin? that would be most helpful."

Quote :
She returns to GHORENFORE.
"An area to the east is warded. It is triggered to blast sonic energy on any undead entering the area. I suspect if we are attacked by NERRAUNE, it will be with undead as well as his other goons. Also, we will not have to worry about setting it off ourselves."

Ghorenfore offers MARILYN a smile
"Thank you."
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 8:51 am

MARTIN replies "We need to learn before we strike. What's stronger? Nerruane & his backup when he goes out or the forces left at his cave? That could alter what we choose to attack first & where. Are Nerruane's backups strengthened, weakened, or unaffected while he... I'll just call it 'feeds' at night? Is he more vulnerable before or while feeding? We might be able to use hit & run tactics to drag out his feeding & recovery of power while keeping us from being fed on. With so much currently unknown, there's not much we can do until some scouting has been done."
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 12:51 pm

"Well how about a small wall of spikes around the camp." HLIN says looking cross eyed at PA'CHEEN as she turned back to Ghorenfore

"And maybe some more smaller fires to look bigger than what we are. Even if the fires are not real." says HLIN
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:06 am

Oytwood Group
Time: 13:39:18

STORMWOOD moves from his spot, toward the group. His voice is filled with the strength and intensity of a gale.
"I will not have you ripping out small saplings, who have already suffered so much, so you can erect a cute little fence! Don't ask them to sacrifice themselves for you. Prove something to them first! Also, unattended fires, even small ones, are dangerous, to the forest. To use such a ruse is careless. If discovered, the enemy could turn the fires against you."

GREYBARK moves toward GHORENFORE.
"While I do not share his vehemence, STORMWOOD is correct. We cannot condone using living wood to erect a wall or obstructions around a temporary camp. It's seems wasteful and a counterpurpose to why STORMWOOD and I joined this fight. The methods suggested by the dwarf are unacceptable and dealbreakers if you wish to carry them out."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:43 am

Ghorenfore shakes his head
"Your absolutely right, they are wasteful and counterproductive, I agree with STORMWOOD and GREYBARK. We'll need to devise plans and come up with ideas that aren't going to harm the land around us."
Ghorenfore then turns to MARTIN
"Unless you have anything else, you'd better get ready to go, you'll be on scout patrol later and I need you to be ready. Also I like the idea of hit and run tactics, we may be able to use that. If were severely outnumbered we may be able to use that as an alternative plan. But your right the most important goal right now is to see when he is at his most vulnerable and devise a way to exploit that."
Ghorenfore pauses then places a hand on MARTIN's Shoulder.
"Be careful this time old friend, Remember do not engage, no heroic's just watch. I want you back in one piece."
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:24 pm

MARTIN grins a little. "No worries about that, sir. Long as we do our jobs right ... & have a little luck ... nobody should know we're there. And besides; dying seems to help this enemy. Why would I wanna do that?"
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Godsday, Sunsebb 4th, 586CY: Oytwood Group/Oytwood Scout Group   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 11:00 pm

Oytwood Group
Time: 15:00:00

The camp is erected. The sun far along the western horizon. The strange stillness in the air as sunset nears is almost unbearable. It feels like a thick fog that clogs your mind and pulls on your fears and anxieties. Even the looming buzzards have abandoned their dreaded circling in the sky.

LOWLYN, MARTIN, PA'CHEEN, and LUSULA head out from the base camp for the first reconnaissance of NERRAUNE's lair. Stoic and stalwart expressions are the norm amongst the faces of the scouting party.

END SCENE

NEW SCENE: OYTWOOD SCOUTS

Oytwood Scouts
Time: 15:30:00

A half hour into the trip, LOWLYN stops the team and gathers them into a circle. He pulls out a medallion from around his neck. A simple silver chain boasts a silver arrow pendant with green fletchings (the feathers that stabilize the arrows for flight). LOWLYN clasps the pendant in both hands and moves to the center of the group. He begins to chant and touches each member in the party. LOWLYN stops chanting and steps out of the center of the group. As he steps away, not a leaf or pine needle on the forest floor is disturbed by LOWLYN's passage, although LOWLYN's light footfalls can still be heard.

LOWLYN
"Solonor Thelandira has graced us to travel so that noone can track us through conventional means. We have this gift for four hours, so let us use wisely."

PA'CHEEN sniffs the air and shrugs.
"Wow, I cannot even smell you bashers."

LOWLYN half smiles and continues on toward NERRAUNE's lair.

Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Godsday, Sunsebb 4th, 586CY: Oytwood Scouts   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 12:27 am

Oytwood Scouts
Time: 16:10:00

LOWLYN stops as the team approaches a line in the forest. This line is between the hibernating wintry forest and the dead, rotting trees before them. Clusters of trees barely stand before the group. Other trees have fallen, brought down by the rot eating away at their trunks. The signs of decay is the type of decay expected in months or years, but the rot lacks the appropiate beetles, termites, and fungus. The rate of decay is probably too fast to be caused by weathering of dead wood. This decay is different, it is powered by something profane and unnatural. The dirt just beyond LOWLYN, to the east, is also made of fine grains and lacking in fine organic material. In a year or so, this place could resemble a desert within the Oytwood.

LOWLYN makes a long, mournful sigh and turns to PA'CHEEN.
"One mile, huh?"

PA'CHEEN nods stoically.
"It is atrocious."

LOWLYN turns back to the path before, his eyes search for an opponent hiding in his hole deep in this forest of decay.
"Oh, NERRAUNE, I care not for your reasons."

LOWLYN steps across the threshold into the decay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next