Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
CondieBerks

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:35 pm

Martin
HP: 65 (max 75)
AC: 19 / 12 (touch) / 17 (flat-footed)
Weapon: ghost-touch longsword, masterworked short sword

Martin answers the frantic sword strike with 4 attacks of his own.

Longsword Attack 1: +10 (+11 -1 daylight)
Damage 1: d8 +3
Short Sword Attack 1: +9 (+10 -1 daylight)
Damage 2: d6 +1
Longsword Attack 2: +5 (+6 -1 daylight)
Damage 3: d8 +3
Short Sword Attack 2: +4 (+5 -1 daylight)
Dmage 4: d6 +1
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:35 pm

The member 'CondieBerks' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 7, 5, 2, 4

--------------------------------

#2 'd8' : 6, 5

#3 'd6' : 5, 2
Back to top Go down
https://rpgcentral.darkbb.com
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:43 pm

Martin appears interested in showing he has flashier sword skills.

attack 1: 17 damage 1: 9
attack 2: 14 damage 2: 6
attack 3: 7 damage 3: 8
attack 4: 8 damage 4: 3
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Huecuva's Blight: Surface: Round Seven   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 11:38 pm

Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY
Oytwood
Huecuva's Blight: Surface
Time: 16:03:54

Round Seven: Martin's Results

1st Attack:
Hit AC: 17 (miss)

2nd Attack:
Hit AC: 14 (miss)

3rd Attack:
Hit AC: 7 (miss)

4th Attack:
Hit AC: 9 (miss)

S13 barely escapes Martin's first blow, Martin's sword cuts through the armor, but not flesh. Martin's second attack is deftly dodged by the frightened blue-skinned humanoid. S13 stay out of the path of Martin's third and fourth attacks.

Round Seven: Lowlyn

Lowlyn moves to rendezvous with Marilyn and Fennigan. His eyes scan the field, searching for new foes or more hidden ones.

Next: HLIN

Attachments
Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 AttachmentBlight_Surface_Players.xlsx
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(28 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:02 am

HLIN
AC:22
Flatfoot:21
Touch AC:11
HP:109
Darwven Waraxe +1
Unidentified amulet
Combat Reflexes
Combat Expertise
Mobility
Ki damage 1/day

Hlin says "My turn!!!"

Attack Roll #1 +15

Damage Roll #1 +7

Attack Roll #2 +10

Damage Roll #3 +7
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:02 am

The member 'EvilBob' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 12

#2 'd10' : 3

#3 'd20' : 19

#4 'd10' : 7
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:08 am

Hlin Results

Attack Roll #1 12+15= 27

Damage Roll #1 7+3=10

Attack Roll #2 19+10=29

Damagae Roll #3 7+7=14
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Huecuva's Blight: Surface: Round Seven   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:16 am

Oytwood

Round Seven: Hlin's Results

1st Attack:
Hit AC: 27 (Hit)
Damage Sustained: 10 points of slashing damage

2nd Attack:
Hit AC: 29 (Hit)
Damage Sustained: 14 points of slashing damage.

Hlin's attacks dig into S13's body. The first blow hits its upper thigh, and the second carves into S13's torso. Although barely, S13 remains standing.

NEXT: Fennigan/Lusula

Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Huecuva's Blight: Surface: Round Seven   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:19 am

Oytwood

Round Seven: Fennigan

Fennigan rushes over to the still sleeping S7. He shouts to Marilyn.
"Well, have a prisoner."

Round Seven: Lusula
As Hlin finishes her last attack, Lusula rips a claw through the center of S13's chest. The blue-skinned humanoid drops in a heap to the ground.
"I think we got all of them."

S13 DEFEATED

END COMBAT

Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Huecuva's Blight: Surface   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 10:30 pm

Oytwood
Time: 16:05:00

The team meets back into the center of the enemy's campground. Marilyn and Lowlyn helped Fennigan grab S7 (who is still asleep) and drag to the group. Lusula and Pa'cheen door Hlin and Martin back to the group.

Marilyn has sheathed her sword so her celestial light no longer harms Martin's sight.

Pa'cheen looks around the camp as he speaks. He eyes the ponds suspiciously.
"I have no idea how much time we have, but we need to decide what to do fairly quickly. The 'loth can still come back, possibly with other 'loth allies."

Lowlyn nods.
"The corpse creep that took out Fawn escaped into one of the ponds. It may be rallying help in a few minutes as well. I'm going to look over the corpses for some more arrows."

Marilyn sits next to the sleeping prisoner (S7).
"And we need to figure out what to do with this. Also, I need some time to heal my wounds as well as Pa'cheen's."

Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Huecuva's Blight: Surface   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:28 pm

Oytwood
Time: 16:05:24

Marilyn sits in the center of the camp and starts chanting. She rock slowly back and forth and sprinkles diamond dust over her head. The diamond dust vanishes before reaching the ground. She sits and chants for several seconds, but her color returns to her face.

Lowlyn collects 40 arrows from two of the undead elves, the others had the wrong arrows.
"Some of these undead elves may have some usable equipment. I didn't check the remains of the Huecuva."

Pa'cheen waits until Marilyn is done cast before speaking.
"I'd recommend lying in wait for reinforcements rather than going down into the caves, just to meet another force when we want to leave."

Fennigan nods in agreement.
"Perhaps, we could plan an ambush."
He looks back at the blue-skinned creature sleeping near him.
"This bastard will be awake in about 2 minutes. We may be able to get some information."

Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Huecuva's Blight: Surface   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 11:28 pm

Oytwood
Time: 16:06:06

Marilyn maneuvers to Pa'cheen. She starts chanting and waving her arms over his body. Fatigue has drawn lines across her face.

Pa'cheen grins, displaying his long canines, after Fennigan's suggestion.
"I'm always in the mood for a good ambush. How does anyone suggest we go about it?"

Fennigan shrugs.
"I still have the ability to make a group around me invisible. We have archers that can hide well enough for a first assault."

Lusula interjects quickly.
"And Pa'cheen and I can hide in the ethereal until the enemy is in range."

Pa'cheen slap his clawed hands together.
"We can bob 'em, before they even tumble to the dark of what's happening."

Marilyn touches Pa'cheen's form restoring the Lupinal's color.

He turns to her.
"Thank you, Swordmaiden."
He then returns to the rest of the group.
"Anyone have any rope to tie up the bastard still sleeping between us? Anyone could at interrogations?"

Fennigan turns to Lowlyn, Martin, and Hlin respectively.
"Lieutenant Lowlyn, Lieutenant Martin, the two of you are in charge of this operation. Where do you stand on our ideas? Hlin, you may represent dwarven interests in the area, what are your thoughts?"
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 12:02 am

Martin replies "I don't have any rope. Could we use materials from one of the tents instead? I wanna know if they cast spike growth on the thicket around the hill again. That could help or hurt us depending what we choose to do. We could stage a couple people on the hill for a height advantage, but that spell could lock them in place during a fight – for better or worse."

Others can notice a sudden spark of interest as Martin glances at the tents again. “What if we used their tents? We could put the tent covers across some of the shrubs to look like a set of covered firing posts. Don’t actually use them, just make it look like our initial shots come from them. We could be under cover further back. They target the tents & we target them!”
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Huecuva's Blight: Surface   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:44 pm

Oytwood
Time: 16:07:24

Lowlyn takes Martin's advice and quickly disassembles the closest tent. Since they are basically a canvas with three support stakes and string to ties them down, it takes little time to retrieve enough string to tie up the blue-skinned humanoid (S7). Lowlyn reaches down to S7, pulls its arms behind its back and ties the wrists.

Lowlyn,
"I could easily use the hill as a perch for archery. I could also be hidden enough to track all enemy movements and report telepathically to Pa'cheen or Lusula."

Pa'cheen nods,
"I agree. And we can always door Lowlyn from the high ground if necessary. I would just need 12 seconds of cover to get us out safely."

Lusula eyes glow slightly as she stares at the thicket surrounding the hill and the cave.
"There is no magic covering the thicket. I don't believe they sent up the spike growth."

Fennigan looks to Martin.
"While I like the idea of a decoy, I'm dubious if we can convince our opponents to take the bait if we set up the tents as a fake position."

Pa'cheen turns back to Fennigan.
"I disagree. Martin and I could hide at the same position we set up the mock firing positions. Our opponents will no doubt be curious about the set up. They may not buy it, but all it will take would be for Martin to launch a few arrows and we door out to a more hidden position and let them move in."

Fennigan shrugs,
"They could just drop artillery spells on the position after Martin's attack. Even if your gone before the spells fall that will destroy the firing positions. They'll see it was a ruse."

Pa'cheen chuckles,
"Then they just wasted spells that could have been more useful on us. Then a team led by Lusula could move into melee almost immediately by dooring and focus on the caster. Martin and I can follow six seconds after."

Fennigan rubs his chin. His eyes dart around, staring at a battle map only he sees.
"We could sweeten the pot by putting up some spells that obscure sight in the area of the firing positions. They would have to see through or dispel the magic before they could even see the firing positions. My Obscuring Mist or a Darkness spell could do the trick."

Pa'cheen and Lusula speak in unison.
"We can do Darkness."

Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:22 pm

Hlin hears what everyone is saying as she thinking about a plan.

Hlin asks "How can I help with the plan?"
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Huecuva's Blight: Surface   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 11:21 pm

Oytwood
Time: 16:09:30

Lowlyn looks over the prisoner as the blue-skinned creature begins to stir. Threatening sarcasm pours out his mouth as he stares at S7 but addresses the team.
"Our new friend is awake."

S7 looks around, his pupils widened in shock and fear. He moves his head around, attempting to view all of his captors; however, Lowlyn holds S7 down on its stomach. His arms and legs are tied behind the creature's back.

Pa'cheen slaps Hlin on the back.
"You'll be going in full bore with Marilyn and Lusula when the foes strike at us."

Fennigan stands,
"And I will support Pa'cheen and Martin. Arrows will send a message, a lightning bolt will amplify the enemies' urgency."

Pa'cheen turns to Martin and raises his eyebrows.
"Well, Lieutenant, where should we set up our little ploy?"

TO Condie: Feel free to use one of the tactical maps. If you want a new one, let me know and I'll put one up.

Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 1:18 am

Martin looks out at the field. He briefly looks a bit overwhelmed.

How about (56, 38) and (58, 34) and (62, 32) ?
The last tarp can be over cover at either end or maybe at (62, 36)

We can position a couple people on the hill & the rest in cover around (71, 40) and (73, 34) or (75, 43)
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Huecuva's Blight: Surface    Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:00 pm

Oytwood
Time: 16:10:18

Lusula looks at where the second strike team could possibly take cover.
"I'm thinking that if we are going to door into the enemies' position, it would be better if we hunkered down in cover close to one another like here [(73, 34), (74,34), (75, 34)]."

Pa'cheen nods,
"We can place darkness spells around the tarp positions to draw their attention before we send out a volley. I could even throw a few at them while they emerge from the ponds. Could help to throw them off."

Lowlyn looks back up at the small rise above the cave opening.
"I'll be fine up there solo, I think, especially after the ground forces have engaged. I won't fire until then. I can keep a close eye on the southwest pond easier than anyone else."

Pa'cheen looks warily at Martin and Fennigan,
"If we have a chance to face a spellcaster, we will need to unleash one volley and escape our decoy before we get a magical volley in return. In order to do that the two of you would have to fire and rally to me and I can door us closer to the Lusula's strike force."

Marilyn stands slowly, the aches in her muscles betrayed by the wincing expression on her face.
"Well, we should waste little time, I'm sure our foes are moving right now."

To EVIL, CONDIE: I have a map attached that shows the positions of the tarps, a change for Lusula, Hlin, and Marilyn's postion and where the darkness could go, the ones for the decoy and ones used as the enemy comes out of the ponds.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Huecuva's Blight: Surface   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 10:02 pm

Oytwood
Time: 16:12:24

The tents are broken down and placed at the positions Martin suggested. Before everyone is moved to their positions the Lupinals assist further by blurring every member of the party for the next eight minutes or so.

Fennigan adds, right before the team splits,
"When anyone can spot bodies emerging from the ponds or the cave, let Pa'cheen know and I can place Martin, Pa'cheen, and I under an invisibility sphere. It could confuse the enemy further if they see no shadows moving in the darkness."
He turns to Martin and Pa'cheen.
"This just means will have to position ourselves closer."

With that the team splits.
Lowlyn is doored to his position on the hill. Lusula, Hlin, and Marilyn hunker down at their positions. Pa'cheen, Fennigan, and Martin wait inside the decoy.

And the waiting game begins . . .

Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Huecuva's Blight: Surface   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:57 pm

Oytwood
Time: 16:15:00

The wait is short, although tension makes the minutes slowly tick by.

Martin, Pa'cheen, and Fennigan first notice ripples forming on the southern end of the pond to their northwest. Moments later a large black form climbs out of the pond. The darkness spell makes it difficult to identify the creature, but it's massive and possesses a frightening jaw and a long, thick tail still partially submerged in the pond. The creature hugs the ground on thick, stubby legs. It also has two humanoid passengers riding on its back.

Pa'cheen also sends out word that Lowlyn has spotted another huge creature, with a similar description coming out of the north end of the southwest pond. It has only one passenger.

Pa'cheen passes the information to Lusula, who passes the information to Hlin and Marilyn.

Pa'cheen nods to Martin
How soon do you want to unleash the attack?

Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 8:39 am

Martin responds: "Didn't expect the rides. Let them get a little further from the water, so we don't hit them once & send them back in."
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Huecuva's Blight: Surface   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 10:12 pm

Oytwood
Time: 16:15:06

HU2, HU3, and D dismount from the beasts. The beasts follow closely behind their masters. Their bulk is immense. From snout to tail they are easily 35 FEET long and 15 FEET wide. The beasts easily have triangular heads with enormous maws that are easily 10 FEET long. Their thick tails alone are also 10 FEET long. They walk on there thick, stubby legs with ease, swinging their massive heads back and forth.

D and HU2 are speaking quietly in ELVEN.

Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 8:24 am

Both sides know an ambush is setup. Martin tries to listen to the enemy & learn what they're going to do about it.

Listen +13
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 8:24 am

The member 'CondieBerks' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 1
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 6:43 pm

Martin leans to hear what's going on without paying any attention to the tarp-covered shrub next to him. He jabs his ear into a branch. Between being startled, the surprise pain, & gnashing his teeth not to yelp ensure the enemy could yell at him in common & he wouldn't know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight
Page 10 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next