Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Huecuva Blight: Surface   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:51 pm

Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY
Oytwood
Huecuva's Blight: Surface
Time: 16:02:00

The sun sits above the western horizon as the party approaches Nerraune's lair once again. The clouds in the sky bisect the sun. Rays of the sun spill from above and below the meddling clouds. The air remains warmer than the several days before, and even the dead trees seem to regulate the wind to a small degree.

The party is coming from the northeast this time and stand right at the edge of the clearing leading to the northern sinkhole the agents of Nerraune used for an escape route the last time. Dead trees line the clearing, which could possibly be used for cover as the party approaches the surface camp.

Martin sees seven opponents, four ragged tents, and two lit campfires. Five of the opponents are awkwardly walking humanoids, probably the undead elves forced into Nerraune's service. Another creature (UB1) is a smaller creature, four-legged, about the size of a hunting dog. It stands close to HU1. Another quadruped (SC) is also visible from Martin's vantage point, it looks to be about the size of a bulky wolf or a massive dog. The rays of the sunlight glint off of its body, akin to light glinting off metal.

Lusula grunts and sends out a telepathic message to everyone.
By the Fires of Gehenna, the berks have enlisted a 'loth (SC)!"

Pa'cheen's eyes widened and mischievously happy smile crosses his face.

Lowlyn, from his crouching position points to the dead trees to the south and southeast, indicating that it is time to take cover.

To Players:
The map has been updated. Your position is in the upper right. The dead trees are all labeled with different dotted squares that indicate the amount of cover and Hide bonus. You must walk into the square to get the full bonus. Remember to Move Silently you can only move at half your movement or take a -5 penalty if you move at your normal movement.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:19 pm

Oytwood
Time: 16:02:06

Lowlyn whispers to the team,
"I want Martin, Pa'cheen, and I to move in to get a better look at our opponents. The rest of the team move in behind, but do not move closer than 50 FEET. Stay crouched or behind cover."

Lowlyn creeps forward into the cover. As he reaches his position a fallen twig snaps under his feet.

Pa'cheen moves behind Lowlyn staying crouched just behind him.

DM Note:
We will be moving along by rounds now.
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 2:19 pm

HP: 62 (max 70)
AC: 17 / 11 (touch) / 16 (flat-footed)
Weapon: mighty +3 composite longbow, arrows (12)

Martin attempts to move silently at normal speed to make it into cover at (67, 7).

Move Silently +11 -5 = +6
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 2:19 pm

The member 'CondieBerks' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 19
Back to top Go down
https://rpgcentral.darkbb.com
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 2:21 pm

Move Silently 25
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Geoff: Oytwood: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 10:02 pm

Oytwood
Time: 16:02:12

The enemy does not appear to respond to Lowlyn's misstep.

Pa'cheen shakes his head disapprovingly at Lowlyn. Lowlyn rolls his eyes in response.

Pa'cheen sends a telepathic message to Lowlyn and Martin
The armored quadraped out there is a canoloth. Someone made some serious pacts with evil powers to bring one of them in. It's blind, but will be able to sense your presence within a certain distance. They also have spell power that would frighten many a graybeard.

Lowlyn whispers low to Martin and Pa'cheen.
"I want to get within 30 FEET of the north pond. We can gauge the enemy from there better."
Lowlyn turns to Martin.
"I think I found a path through the trees to the pond. Follow my path. We will move one at a time. Take my position here after I move."

With that Lowlyn carefully moves to the southeast. He reaches a covered position with little trouble.
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Martin moves 5' south to (67, 8 )

Move Silently +11
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 9:25 pm

'd20' : 5
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

Move Silently 16
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 10:38 pm

Hide +11
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 10:38 pm

'd20' : 8
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 10:40 pm

Hide 19
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Geoff: Oytwood: Blight Surface   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 10:27 pm

Oytwood
Time: 16:02:18

Pa'cheen moves in behind Martin. Lowlyn heads south to more cover (71, 13).
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 11:40 pm

HP: 62 (max 70)
AC: 17 / 11 (touch) / 16 (flat-footed)
Weapon: mighty +3 composite longbow, arrows (12)

Martin takes a full move to Lowlyn's former position at (71, 11)

Move Silently +11 -5 = +6
Hide +11
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 11:40 pm

'd20' : 20, 11
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 11:42 pm

Move Silently 26

Hide 22
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Huecuva's Blight: Surface   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 10:09 pm

Oytwood
Time: 16:02:24

Lowlyn nods at Martin, acknowledging his position. Lowlyn is about ready to move forward, but stops suddenly. He crouches and hugs one of the dead trees at his position. Martin notices that the enemy is moving.

HU1 turns quickly to the beast (SC) Pa'cheen called a canoloth. The massive bulldog-like beast turns its bulk in response. What looks like a large barbed tentacle whips out of its mouth. HU1 points toward the northeast, the party's direction. The bulldog waves its tentacle back and forth, the same way someone would shake their head. The tentacle points squarely at HU1 and and then to the northeast.

HU1 clenches a fist, turns to troops at the camp, and points to the northeast. Half of the undead elves starting moving toward the northeast, cautiously.

Pa'cheen's voice echoes through everyone's mind
Did they spot us?
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 11:25 pm

Martin thinks in response "If not, I'm betting they will soon!"
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 8:39 am

Hlin lifts her her head after softly chant of a prayer, then thinks to Pa'cheen and Lusula I have an idea, the idea is Fennigan,Lowlyn and Martin are the archers and the rest is front line if there is a better please say so.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Huecuva's Blight: Surface   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 10:25 pm

Oytwood
Time: 16:02:30

Pa'cheen sends out a message to everyone
Hlin, Lowlyn agrees with you, but he wants to see what the undead will do. He's hoping to pull some of the force further from their base camp and the sinkholes. Hold tight for now.

Three undead U11, U8, and U2 move forward once again, taking cover near dead trees. They do not seem to be attempting stealth. U11 looks directly toward the northeast, but not near Martin or Lowlyn.

Lusula sends out a message to everyone as well,
I think they have spotted the four of us. Martin, Lowlyn, Pa'cheen, keep a sharp eye for any of those blue-skinned bastards.
Lusula reports to Fennigan, Marilyn, and Hlin the current positions of the known enemies.

To Condie/Evil: as usual assume that any message from either of your characters is sent telepathically to the rest of the party.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Huecuva's Blight: Surface   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 10:01 pm

Oytwood
Time: 16:02:36

Fennigan whispers to Hlin, Marilyn, and Lusula.
"I think we may be able to give them the slip. I can throw off an invisibility sphere and we can move west and south. They will see us disappear, but as long as we stick together they will not be able to find us."

Lusula sends this idea telepathically to Pa'cheen, Martin, and Lowlyn.

Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 11:03 pm

Hlin whispers back "Great lets do it before it is too late."
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Huecuva's Blight: Surface   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 9:10 pm

Oytwood
Time: 16:02:36

Lowlyn nods to Pa'cheen in response to Fennigan's request.

Fennigan looks to Marilyn, Lusula, and Hlin.
"Stay within 10 feet after I cast the spell. We will have eight minutes before it wears off. If you attack a target, you negate the spell for you. If I attack, I negate the spell for all of us."

Fennigan fishes out an eyelash wrapped in gum arabic. He chants in a low monotone while spinning his arms around.

Fennigan stops chanting abruptly and drops his hands, the eyelash in gum arabic is no longer in his hand. As far as these character know nothing has changed. Martin, however, sees the four of them vanish from sight.

Fennigan points to the southeast.
"Let's move out."
He heads out, Lusula and Marilyn hot on his tail.

Apparently U11 must have seen the party disappear. He rushes in the direction of the party, stopping at a cluster of dead trees to take another look. U8 and U2 also follow.
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 5:05 pm

Hlin is following behind Marilyn whispers to Marilyn "How long does this spell last? And can we use the spell to the entercane to the cave?"
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 11:55 am

Oytwood
Time: 16:02:42

Marilyn turns to Hlin as they creep south through the forest. She whispers,
"Fennigan said it would last for 8 minutes which should be enough to get us to the entrance of the cave. But we need to support the reconnaissance team should a fight break out."

Marilyn looks to Lusula and her eyes widen a bit. She continues to whisper,
"Unless . . . Lusula can you door us to the entrance of the cave?"

Lusula shakes her head and her voice echoes in the heads of Fennigan, Marilyn, and Hlin.
I can, but I can only take two others with me. If I take you and Hlin, we will be visible at the entrance. If I take one of you and Fennigan, than the remaining person will be visible, but those at the entrance would remain invisible.

Fennigan snaps his fingers, then silently berates himself for the motion. He sends a message to Lusula, which she delivers to everyone in the invisibility sphere.
Fennigan can make a remaining comrade invisible, but they would have to make the run to the cave entrance, solo. He could also make the comrade able to fly.

Pa'cheen reports telepathically to Lowlyn and Martin.
I'm taking a look at the evil auras headed our way. Those blue-skinned bastards should show up, I'll just need a little bit of time. I sense evil, of course, but I need time to narrow it down.

He pauses as Lowlyn sends a response.
Martin, Lowlyn wants you two to see if you spot or hear any opponents that may be approaching us.

At the enemy camp, Martin can see that HU1 is apparently in an angry, possible mental, debate with SC. The creature appears to be ignoring HU1. It's neckless head points in the direction of the party, its mouth-tentacle licks the air casually.

U11, U8, and U2 do not move forward, but scan the northeast quadrant of the map. After a couple of seconds, U11 looks to its troops and motions with his hand for them to head east. U8 and U2 move east, staying within cover. U11 moves northeast.

Martin, the metal grind of Marilyn's and Hlin's armor is painfully obvious to your ears.

DM Note: Spot and Listen checks can be done together as a single move-equivalent action.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight
Page 4 of 33Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next