Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 2:36 pm

The member 'Valthronis' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 12
Back to top Go down
https://rpgcentral.darkbb.com

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 2:37 pm

12 total - 7 = 5

[OCC: WOW!]
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:08 pm

GHORENFORE barely navigates the slippery limestone rocks without the need of the wall for support. He navigates down the dangerous slope by 10 FEET. He is 10 FEET away from being out of the range of FENNIGAN's torch. With GHORENFORE's limited vision he can see that the slope continues down beyond the sight of his vision. His trial is not yet over.

HLIN is next in line. She is 10 FEET from GHORENFORE. 5 FEET of that distance puts HLIN on the dangerous slope which will either require a Balance Check (DC: 5) or another appropriate skill/ability check to navigate safely.

TO VAL: Your armor should be magical, so your armor check penalty is one higher than usual.
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:54 pm

HLIN starts to climb down the slope and says to GHORENFORE "Be careful we don't know whats down beyond this slope."

HLIN looks at MARYLIN says "Take your time the first step is a killer."

DC=0, HLIN has a +2 climb skill check
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:31 pm

MARILYN follows in behind HLIN and stops just before the slope. The rest of the team moves closer to the entrance of the cave. As FENNIGAN moves closer to the entrance, GHORENFORE receives a little more light, although it's still quite poor. He still cannot see an end to the steep slope.

HLIN can see beyond GHORENFORE and can make out an end to the slope about 20 FEET down from GHORENFORE's position. Through HLIN's darkvision it appears that the area levels off and opens up into either a larger room or larger corridor. She is unable to tell at this angle.

1 round has passed for spells still operating.

TO PLAYERS: For the duration of the climb down I will be running by rounds with everyone getting there turn as they need to climb, balance, or what have you. I'll ask for your turn when you need to make a roll or tell me your action. Remember, Balance checks are at a DC: 5 and Climb checks are at a DC: 0. Both rolls require the armor check penalty to be subtracted from the roll. Also, Balance checks require a character to move at 1/2 speed (round down) and Climb checks require 1/4 speed (round down). Fast climbing is also an option but adds a -5 to your Climb check to move at 1/2 your speed. Turns will be done by marching order, unless the situation changes.

NEXT: GHORENFORE

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:36 am

Ghorenfore carefully proceeds forward.

Balance check
(-1 dex, -5 armor check)

Last edited by Valthronis on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:36 am

'd20' : 17
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:37 am

Balance check = 11
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 11:48 am

HLIN tells GHORENFORE "At the end of this slope it opens up to a large room or a large corridor can't tell unitl we get down there."

HLIN still using the wall to balance as she climbs down the slope

DC=0, HLIN has a +2 climb skill check
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Waterday, Sunsebb 5th, 586CY: Blight Level One   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:50 pm

Huecuva's Blight
Waterday, Sunsebb 5th, 586CY
Time: 16:30:54

MARILYN follows behind HLIN, climbing her way down the rocky slope. LOWLYN starts climbing behind MARILYN.

MARTIN waits at the entrance to the cave. He is able to see down the steep slope beyond GHORENFORE as well. The cave levels off 10 FEET below GHORENFORE's current position, but MARTIN cannot see beyond that.

FENNIGAN brings the lights closer to the cave entrance. The proximity of the light helps GHORENFORE peer farther ahead. He can see the faint light from the torch dance along the path ahead about 10 FEET. he can barely make out that the passageway does level off and open up. To GHORENFORE, however, the passage opens up to darkness and little more.

HLIN can make out what could be a room. 25 FEET ahead of GHORENFORE, HLIN sees another obstruction, probably a pillar of limestone stretching from the floor to the ceiling. It does appear that the passageway does open into a larger cavern.

1 round has passed for spells still running.

TO PLAYERS:
I forgot to mention that anyone who is climbing also needs their hands free, so all weapons and shields are tucked away.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 11:22 pm

DM's POST:

Hey Comrades,

I am sending out a map layout of Level One of this dungeon. I am posting here a legend for the map. You will notice that the map has four circles on it. Each of these circles is used to take into account sight of each individual character. Every circle's radius must be centered on the lower left corner of the character's square. Several of the characters are running solely on FENNIGAN's torch so they have no sight of their own. The meaning of these circles is below:

Light Beige Circle: Darkvision (60 FOOT Radius)
I have one circle that I use for MARTIN, HLIN, and the Lupinals, I just move it between characters. This is the distance of your sight. Any enemies within this radius can be seen as long as they are not using cover to Hide (+10 DC to Spot). Beyond the circle you are blind to any opponents. Also, a character does not need to worry about concealment bonus when using missile weapons within the radius. Beyond 60 FEET, however, the character is blind and all opponents are granted 50% concealment (if the character fired in the right direction in the first place)

Red Circle: Continual Torch (20 FOOT Radius)
All characters with normal vision can see well only within this small radius. Such characters need only make Spot checks in this area if the target is using cover to Hide. Characters firing missile weapons within this area suffer no concealment penalties against their opponents.

Orange Circle: Shadowy light from Torch (20-40 FOOT Raidus) or Limit of Low-light Vision
All characters with normal vision are in the shadowy light of the torch. A character must make a Spot check (+10 to DC) to see an opponent within this area, even if the character is in the shadowy light. Also, melee combat is difficult in this limited light. You can only attack a character within 5 FEET without penalty. Using reach weapons grants a target (if Spotted) a 20% concealment bonus. Anyone with normal vision firing arrows at targets beyond the 20 FOOT radius of normal light grant a 20% concealment bonus to their target. If the target moves beyond the 40 FOOT radius of shadowy light, the target has a 50% concealment bonus and cannot be spotted.

For a character with low-light vision, this 40-FOOT radius is the limit of their normal vision. Such a character suffers no penalties while fighting opponents within this radius.

Yellow Circle: Shadowy light from Torch for low-light vision (40-80 FOOT radius)
This radius (between 40 and 80 FEET) is the shadowy limit of low-light vision. Characters within this area or peering into the area must make Spot checks (+10 to DC) to see opponents or comrades within this area. Melee combat must be within 5 FEET or the opponent is granted a 20% concealment bonus. Missile fire into this area grants an opponent a 20% concealment bonus. An opponent that moves beyond the 80 FOOT radius cannot be spotted or targeted and is granted a 50% concealment bonus.

Obviously the black walls are borders that cannot be seen through without exceptional magical talent. This for you jokers. Very Happy

I think that covers everything. Just remember to keep track closely of FENNIGAN's movements, since he is the light source for half the party. As I said, the torch is centered to the left bottom corner of FENNIGAN's space. When moving the circles with Excel the small squares on the circle line up with the lines that converge on the point to the bottom left of FENNIGAN. Each larger radius should then line up with the smaller radius and so on.

Oh, and the large 80 FOOT radius can also be used to see whether you are in telepathic communication with LUSULA and PA'CHEEN. Their radius is really a 100-FOOT radius, but you should be able to adjust the radius if necessary. I don't expect anyone to be separated that far. At least, I hope not.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Waterday, Sunsebb 5th, 586CY: Blight Level One   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 11:23 pm

Huecuva's Blight

Oh, and GHORENFORE's up.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Player to DM: I have been unable to open up the map so I have no idea what I'm looking at currently. I am hoping to have this issue resolved soon (fingers crossed). However if I'm understanding this correctly anyway, I still need another Balance check to keep going because I have another 10 feet to go.

Quote :
MARTIN waits at the entrance to the cave. He is able to see down the steep slope beyond GHORENFORE as well. The cave levels off 10 FEET below GHORENFORE's current position, but MARTIN cannot see beyond that.

So I'll proceed with another Balance check and hopefully by the time my turn comes around again I'll have the silly thing opened. Rolling Eyes Mad

Ghorenfore proceeds forward.

(Balance check = d20+ -1 dex + -5 armor check penalty)

Last edited by Valthronis on Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 3:44 pm

'd20' : 5
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 3:46 pm

Balance check = -1 (5 + -1 + -5)
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Waterday, Sunsebb 5th, 586CY: Blight Level 1   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:47 pm

Huecuva's Blight

GHORENFORE's Results:

GHORENFORE loses his balance, placing his foot on a precarious stone. Unable to correct the mistake GHORENFORE tumbles down the sloping passageway. He tumbles 15 FEET, dropping out of the torch light. MARTIN and HLIN can still see GHORENFORE as he sprawls on the floor of the wider cavern. The sound of the plate mail-clad paladin crashing onto the limestone floor echoes throughout the cavern.

#1 10 FEET Tumble Damage

Last edited by Aloddaharm on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:48 pm

Let's try that again

#1 Tumble Damage (10 FEET)

Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:48 pm

The member 'Aloddaharm' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd4' : 3
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Waterday, Sunsebb 5th, 586CY: Blight Level 1   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:54 pm

Huecuva's Blight

GHORENFORE's Results:

GHORENFORE takes 3 points of bludgeoning damage

The sounds of GHORENFORE crashing onto the floor soon dissipates followed by an acute breathless silence.

GHORENFORE can barely make out FENNIGAN's torchlight, but beyond that, GHORENFORE is in utter darkness. A sudden wail erupts from the void around GHORENFORE. The wail is a mixture of restrained agony and pleasure, like a rock held in a taut slingshot. The wail is quickly followed by a second and the sound of scuffing feet.

Without warning, GHORENFORE sees the glimpses of what look like pairs of malevolent yellow eyes as unknown assailants attack GHORENFORE while he lies prone.

#1 W1 Attack
#2 W1 Damage
#3 W2 Attack
#4 W2 Damage

Last edited by Aloddaharm on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Waterday, Sunsebb 5th, 586CY: Blight Level 1   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:54 pm

The member 'Aloddaharm' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 17

--------------------------------

#2 'd4' : 3

#3 'd20' : 2

#4 'd4' : 4
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Waterday, Sunsebb 5th, 586CY: Blight Level 1   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 10:14 pm

Huecuva's Blight

SURPRISE ROUND:

ATTACKER's Results:

W1
Hit AC: 25 (Hit)
Damage: 6 points of Bludgeoning damage + 1 negative energy level

GHORENFORE has gained a negative energy level and suffers:
-1 to all skill and ability checks
-1 to attacks
-1 to saving throws
-1 to effective level (whenever level is a factor in a character's ability, such as smite evil, spells, turning checks, lay on hands)
Loses 1 unused spell slot

TO VAL: If you are going to keep track of the penalties on your own make sure to add -1 (negative energy) for any roll it applies, otherwise I will add it after every roll you make. If you do not specify that you have added into your roll, you will penalized twice. Remember effects to your lay on hands and other abilities are immediate and those you must add on your combat profile.

W2
Hit AC: 12 (miss)

NARRATION:

The first swing from the darkness pounds on GHORENFORE's back right after his fall. The attack is strong and accompanied by a terrible chilling cold passes through GHORENFORE's armor and all along his spine. GHORENFORE is struck with dread, fever, and weakness. His heart skips a couple of beats and GHORENFORE almost forgets how to breathe. He feels a second attack part the wind above his head.

MARTIN and HLIN cannot see the attackers, but they appear to be to flanking GHORENFORE on the right and left. They do see arms with the wickedly long claws, one pounds GHORENFORE on the back, the other makes a wide swing above GHORENFORE's head.
GHORENFORE (23, 24)

CALL FOR INITIATIVE: GHORENFORE

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 9:42 pm

INITIATIVE ROLL = -1
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 9:42 pm

'd20' : 18
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 9:43 pm

INITIATIVE Total = 17
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Waterday, Sunsebb 5th, 586CY: Blight Level 1   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 11:01 pm

Huecuva's Blight

ENEMY INITIATIVE:

#1 Initiative Roll
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next