Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 10:23 pm

Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY
Oytwood
Fort Olvewater
Time: 18:00:36

Master Sargeant Mel nods at Himo's questions,
"Well, I wanted to have a larger party to be able to strike at the giants and their allies. I was looking at Arlie, Forlin, Clara, Tanya, and you, Himo. I may be able to spare a contingent of troops to join you."

Ta'Heed steps forward.
"I also volunteer to aid this patrol."

Mel turns to the lupinal,
"Your aid will be greatly appreciated."

Clara chimes in
"My men can accompany us, if you are concerned about taking a contingent along."

Mel nods,
"That who help, but I was thinking more along the lines of a rotating the squads that accompany the team after every patrol. That way we can keep the troops fresh."

DM NOTE: The revised monk will be coming as well, I just don't have him finished yet. Also, I decided that given your proximity to the fort, there will be no threats to fort that you shouldn't be able to intercept. So on a player, you need not worry about the losing the fort while you're away.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 10:17 pm

Oytwood
Fort Olvewater
Time: 18:01:18

Orden Stonhold, a human monk of St. Cuthbert and a member of the fort, stands up and offers his aid.
"I will assist the strike force along the trade the road."

Without another word, he sits back down. His face is emotionless or stoic, depending on your opinion of the monk.

Mel raises an eyebrow.
"Okay--thanks, Orden. Your help will be appreciated."

Orden only acknowledges her with a nod. He does not even glance at her.

The is an uncomfortable silence for a few seconds and then Mel returns to the task at hand.
"All right, so Arlie, Orden, Himo, Tanya, Clara, Forlin, and Ta'Heed, will head the strike group. I'll send out five of my troops with you. I've been training them for skirmishing tactics, so they are not equipped for front line battle. It takes a little over a day to reach the trade road, so once you reach the trade road head north beside the road for about a day, then turn south and go a day beyond where you first reached the road. Then, you can return to the fort. That should be about a six day patrol. Of course, if you find any time sensitive information, return to the fort as soon as possible."

Mel waits for everyone to soak in the information.
"All right, if there are no questions, you are free to rest and relax. All of you are off duty until the morning when you head out."
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 10:13 pm

Oytwood
Fort Olvewater
Time: 19:46:00

The fort is dark, except for the campfires that are still burning. No one has yet turned in for the night, but those not on watch are keeping close to the fire during such a chilly evening.

A shrill whistle of alarm calls out from the western sentry post on the elevated section of the island. It's not a signal of immediate danger, only that something has been spotted. 

Mel moves quickly to her feet and heads for the closest rope ladder to get to the sentry post.

Orden stoically moves to follow her.
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 9:35 pm

Arlie runs to the western shore & tries to see what caught someone's attention.

Spot +12
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 9:35 pm

The member 'CondieBerks' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 12
Back to top Go down
https://rpgcentral.darkbb.com
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 9:39 pm

24 (+2 spotting dragons + bonus for 60' darkvision, if either applies)
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 2:39 am

Himo checks where everybody is going and does his spot check and asking "What is ruckus is going on?" 

spot check +6
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 2:39 am

The member 'EvilBob' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 3
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 2:41 am

Himo's spot results

3 + 6 = 9
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 10:48 pm

Oytwood
Fort Olvewater
Time: 19:46:12

Arlie's Spot Result:

Spot Check: 29 (Darkvision included [+5 in moonlight conditions]) (Critical Success)

Arlie spots four humanoids on the small island between Fort Olvewater and the western part of the Oytwood. Three are three female humans and one male dwarf. The dwarf is swinging a torch high above his head in a wide pattern. It is obvious he is attempting to be seen. He is well-armed, while the three women behind him are not armored, although they carry bows. Also, with the swinging illumination of the torchlight, Arlie spots a weathered, but obvious rank insignia of the Gran March military. This dwarf is, or was, a sergeant from Gran March, the country that annexed Hochoch and is spearheading the liberation of Geoff.

Himo's Spot Result:

Spot Check: 14 (+5 for low-light vision in moonlight) (Success)

Himo's, who is standing further from the shore than Arlie sees four figures on the small island to the west of the fort. It is hard to discern there exact proportions, but one of the figures is swinging a torch above its head. Obviously, stealth does not seem to be the attempt here.
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 12:12 am

With sudden, unrestrained excitement of his Halfling origins, Arlie shouts at the upper grounds "Allies!  Three human archers & a dwarven sergeant of Gran March!  Can we get the boats?"
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 7:41 pm

Himo says softly in Sylvan "Let's  let the enemy know that we are here and I glad these people are allies."

Then Himo asks "May we launch the boats?"
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 10:17 pm

Oytwood
Fort Olvewater
Time: 19:46:30

Mel, swinging from the rope ladder she was ascending, turns at Arlie's outburst. Before descending again she shouts out to the troops.
"You heard Arlie! Get the boats in the water!"

The troops around the base camp jump into action. Clara kicks her men, almost literally, into action to assist with the canoe launching.

Tanya watches with mild curiosity. Orden stares at everything with stoic poker face; he seems neither interested or concerned.

Ta'heed shifts his form into the Suel human he was first seen as when his pack first arrived at the camp. 

Glassblower moves next to Arlie to get a good look and commands Nydent to help out with the canoes.

Time: 19:56:00

The canoes return to the fort with the new allies, a well-armed, but battered dwarf, and three female humans armed with little more than bows and daggers. The women look weary and tired. They seem uncertain of the position they are now in.

The dwarf looks around, a beaming smile on his red-bearded face.
"I had hoped that only forces from Hochoch would be crazy enough to build a fort in the middle of enemy territory!"

The women keep wary eyes on Glassblower, Nydent, and Himo.

The dwarf puts out his hand to Arlie and Mel.
"The name's Gornak Dunhold. Sergeant of what use to be the 22nd company of the County of Ulek. The ladies behind me have been my charges and companions for the past month."
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 8:02 pm

Oytwood
Fort Olvewater
Time: 19:47:00

Mel nods, without taking the dwarf's hand.
"Master Sergeant Melissa Lanse, Sergeant."

Gornak takes his hand back for a quick salute.

Mel returns the salute and continues,
"What happened to the 22nd, and who are your charges?"

Gornak sighs,
"It has been a difficult year for us. We moved into the Oytwood not too long after Hochoch was retaken. We were led by Captain Leo Reginald, a fine Watcher to be sure. He led the cavalry unit with his second Benjamin Calder."

Forlin speaks up,
"I know of Calder. He was recovering in Hochoch when Quentin and I moved into the forest to retrieve some noble heirlooms from orc bandits."

Gornak wears a light grin.
"It's good to know Calder survives. We were jumped by a large, but disorganized, collection of giants and ogres. There were just too many of them. We attempted an ordered retreat to find strategic ground, but the lieutenant was taken out by a fire giant's throwing arm. I gathered what infantry I could and withdrew. We scattered. I have no idea how many of us are left."

Mel nods at the three women.
"And your charges? They do not look like infantry."

Gornak, shakes his head quickly,
"By Moradin's hammer, they are not. They are simply hunters we met up with in the forest. They were displaced when the settlements outside of Preston were routed by giants. We hooked up for mutual protection."

Clara gaze falls to the three women. The ranger's eyes soften and then harden immediately.

Mel,
"Why in the Abyss are you traveling at night?"

Gornak,
"Right, we were routed by a group of ogre scouts this evening. My remaining men put up a valiant fight, but I lost them. We did kill three of the ogres, two retreated gravely wounded, and one tried to pursue us. He wasn't the brightest of them, we lost him easily."
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 6:56 pm

Himo whispers to Clara "What's wrong? Is there something wrong with the three women? Who has been staring at

me like I am a giant or ogre." As he leans close enough to Clara so she the only one to hear him.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 9:56 am

Oytwood
Fort Olvewater
Time: 19:48:54

Clara turns to Himo, her stare as blank as the day he meet her.
"Nothing is wrong."
A crack in her voice betrays her cold nature, but she turns back to the newcomers.
"Master Sergeant Lanse, are we intending to take on more mouths to feed?"

Mel turns to Clara with raised eyebrows.
"Are you suggesting that I don't? We have obligations to the displaced peoples of Geoff. We feed you."

Clara shrugs,
"They should be able to pull their own weight here."

Gornak chimes in, quickly, as if to ease tensions.
"Ah, but they can. They have foraging and hunting skills that can aid the fort. They are proficient enough with their bows to aid in defense."

Forlin steps beyond the trio arguing and stands directly in front of the three female hunters. He studies their uncertain faces.
"Do not let them speak for you. We are a small fort, cut off from a main supply chain. Anyone we take in must be able to contribute to the security of this fort. It is a mutual arrangement, we keep you safe, and you can use your skills to aid us. We're not asking you to join us on the battlefield, unless it comes here. I would think staying here would be better than continuing on your own."

Gornak turns away from Mel and Clara to look back at her charges.
"And I have an obligation to stay here. I must continue to serve. If you choose to leave, I cannot accompany you."

Forlin
"There is greater strength in numbers. This is not our entire company either. We have two lieutenants out on a mission with six other adventurers attempting to build a supply line. We are a more than capable force to protect you. You don't have to hide anymore. What say you?"

Mel chimes in
"Indeed help us out here and you can go wherever you wish once the giants are pushed out of the Oytwood."
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 8:14 pm

Himo says to Master Sergeant Lanse "I will help train them if you and they need it."

After the main discussion Himo pulls Clara aside and asks "You know you can talk to me about any problems you 

have with anyone Clara?"
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:08 pm

Oytwood
Fort Olvewater
Time: 19:49:06

One of the human females responds.
"We are not warriors, but we are willing to aid the fort in any way we can."

Forlin simply nods.

Mel turns to Himo,
"No training will be necessary. My men will be able to guide them through fort life just fine."

Mel takes the females' hands,
"Welcome to Fort Olvewater."

Clara looks at Himo, her nostrils flaring, but she speaks in a seething whisper, 
"We are filling the fort with more mouths to feed, that is my problem. They are of no use to us; they will run screaming at the first sign of trouble."

Mel walks off with the human hunters and Gornak.

Lee leans in next to Richard,
"Been awhile since some new skirts showed up at the fort."

Richard stifles a laugh by clearing his throat.

Orden turns his head to the soldiers,
"Those women are not wearing skirts."

Lee
"Orden, I mean they're . . . It's not what they're wearing . . . It's that . . . oh, forget it."

Lee and Richard walk away, while Orden stands motionless as the soldiers. The monk still does not comprehend the conversation.

DM Note: I'll move on to the morning in a couple days if nothing else has been added.
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:38 am

As the new people arrived, Arlie looked like an excited child & was eager to greet them.  The moment Gornak mentioned his 3 charges, however, Arlie lurched to a stop like he'd taken a hammer to the chest.  His expression immediately changed; looking more like a man led to the gallows.  He just stood, semi-oblivious, through the rest of the conversation.  Clara's last comment, however, struck a chord somehow.

Staring off at nothing in particular, Arlie replies in an unusually soft & grim voice "Anyone alive can learn to fight better.  A third of us are already gone and another third leave in the morning.  Only the dead are unable to help us."
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: XP Post   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 9:17 pm

It's time to award XP! (:drum roll:)

Himo: 609
Arlie: 609

Martin: 2631
Hlin: 2631
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 7th, Freeday, 586CY: Oytwood: Scout Group from Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 2:43 pm

Sunsebb 7th, Freeday, 586CY
Oytwood
Fort Olvewater
Time: 08:27:00

Weather Conditions:
Sky: Overcast
Wind: Light
Temperature: Cold (Freezing)
Freezing Conditions: Unprotected characters must make a Fort save (DC 15 +1 per subsequent hour) every hour or suffer 1d6 points of subdual damage. Winter clothing prevents the need for a saving throw.
Current Precipitation: Light Snow
Weather Conditions: -4 to ranged attacks, -4 to Spot and Search checks

The team left Fort Olvewater in the early dawn (0700). It had been lightly snowing since during third watch. The shores of the islands and the mainland are covered in an icy froth and thins sheets of frozen surface water. The sudden change in air temperature has caused the deeper sections of the river to heat the surface water creating a a thin layer of fog above its surface. The canoes had no problem moving through the cold water, and the scout team was dropped on the shore.

Sergeant Gornak Dunhold has agreed to accompany the scout party to the representative of the Gran March from Hochoch. Five soldiers of the Gran March soldiers accompany the scout team.

Apart an hour and a half into their day, Clara and Arlie, who are scouting about 10 FEET ahead, spot movement a distance ahead of them. It looks like a lot of movement. Ta'heed, Tanya, and Gornak also notice the movement. Ta'heed drops to one knee. Tanya and Clara duck behind trees before attempting a better look through the snow.   

Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:33 am

Himo sees Ta'heed drops to one knee and tries to spot what he is hiding from.

Himo's spot check roll

spot +6 -4= 2
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:33 am

The member 'EvilBob' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 20
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:35 am

Himo's Results

Spot check roll 20+2=22
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 9:50 pm

Arlie goes to the nearest cover & makes more careful listen & spot checks.

Listen +14
Spot +12
both have +2 vs dragons, if it applies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight
Page 15 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 33  Next