Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
CondieBerks

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 10:46 pm

Martin
Current HP: 52
Max HP: 75

Martin turns to Marilyn.  "I've been better, but others need healing far more than me."
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Base Camp   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 10:17 am

Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY
Oytwood
Base Camp
Time: 17:54:48

Jacob kneels down next to Hlin. He lays his hand on Hlin's shoulder. Hlin feels warmth pour through her body, like feeling the rays of the morning sun touch her face. Some of her wounds heal, but she is far from in perfect health.

Hlin heals 21 points (now at 24)

Fennigan suddenly becomes aware of the burns he sustained from the Huecuva's spells. Marilyn drops to his side. She administers two healing spells and Fennigan shows marked improvement.

Fennigan reaches up and grips Marilyn's shoulder.
"Thank you. A good night's rest will take care of the rest."

Lusula lays some healing magic on Marilyn as well.
"Do not forget about yourself."

Pa'cheen also steps in to add Lusula in healing Marilyn.
"Our healing magic is not nearly as great as yours, but we will lend what we can."

Jacob continues to add Hlin with some minor spells of his own.
#1 Cure Light Wounds on Hlin
#2 Cure Light Wounds on Hlin

Pa'cheen uses the last of his magic to aid Martin
#3 Cure Light Wounds on Martin

Marilyn gathers her strength and sits next to Hlin and administers several healing spells.
#4 Cure Moderate Wounds on Hlin
#5 Cure Moderate Wounds on Hlin
#6 Cure Light Wounds on Hlin
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Base Camp   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 10:17 am

The member 'Aloddaharm' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd8' : 8

--------------------------------

#2 'd8' : 5

#3 'd8' : 5

#4 'd8' : 7, 7

#5 'd8' : 4, 4

#6 'd8' : 2
Back to top Go down
https://rpgcentral.darkbb.com
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Base Camp   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 10:24 am

Oytwood
Base Camp
Time: 17:55:48

Healing Results:

Hlin heals: 11 + 8 + 22 + 16 + 7 = 64

Hlin is now at 88

Martin Heals: 10

Martin is now at 62

Marilyn is exhausted but proud of her work. Through her exhaustion she quietly scolds Hlin
"Do not let yourself fall so far next time. A bee sting on the battlefield could have killed you in your state."
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 8:44 am

Hlin bows her head and says "Thank you, Marilyn and LT Jacob . I will try hard to subdue them first next time."
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Base Camp   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 10:46 pm

Oytwood
Base Camp
Time: 17:56:12

Jacob smiles and slaps Hlin on the back.
"That's the spirit, Hlin!"

Marilyn snaps her neck up at Jacob.
"That is not what I meant! I'd prefer to know the health of my comrades before they charge the enemy."

Jacob steps back, he's not willing to continue the argument, a restraint few Suel possess.
"We should take a long rest. All of you did excellent today."

Hey guys, I'll be out of town for the weekend, but I plan to post Sunday evening when I return. I was going to move to the next encounter then, unless someone else had business that needed to be wrapped up.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Base Camp   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 10:32 pm

Oytwood
Base Camp
Time: 21:05:00

The team is resting around the northern firepit at the base camp. The mood is higher amongst the group in general, regardless of the grim work they are attempting. This last day felt successful and it shows.

The moons are 1st quarter moons and shine down into the Oytwood through the clouds and leafless trees.

Jacob stands,
"Well, it may be time for us to call an end to the revelry. Our grim work is not yet over. Fennigan, Marilyn, get your eight hours now. Martin and I will take the first watch."

Just then a powerful rush of wood, like a tree falling in a thunderstorm, is heard to the southeast of the camp. The red maple the treants animated is moving erratically as if its mass is falling and rising. Or is it attacking something?

Large dark shapes, on four limbs, move erratically to the southeast of Red Maple.

Greybark immediately moves to investigate.

Conditions:
Spot and Listen checks are considered a single free action, so they can be rolled together (there will be a penalty for distance).

Beyond the radius of the campfire the conditions are considered moonlight conditions so a character gets a +5 to Spot checks if they possess low-light vision or darkvision that extends far enough.

The yellow radius of the campfire is considered normal light conditions for anyone with low-light vision and shadowy illumination for those with only normal vision.
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:58 am

Hlin looks around with the lens she has on.

Spot check +5 for the lens,
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:58 am

The member 'EvilBob' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 15
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:59 am

Hlin's Resluts

Spot roll 15 +5 = 20
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Base Camp: Encounter Two   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 10:05 pm

Oytwood
Base Camp
Time: 21:05:00

Hlin's Results: Minor Success (less than 5 over the DC needed)

The opponents are out of the range of Hlin's darkvision; however, this does not prevent her from seeing the targets.

Greybark's Red Maple is battling a pack of seven large quadrapeds with flickering amber eyes, reflecting the moonlight. The creatures, regardless of the size, hug the ground unlike deer or elk. 

Conditions (I improved the map to reflect their size properly this time):
Spot and Listen checks are considered a single free action, so they can be rolled together (-7 penalty for distance).

Beyond the radius of the campfire the conditions are considered moonlight conditions so a character gets a +5 to Spot checks if they possess low-light vision or darkvision that extends far enough.

The yellow radius of the campfire is considered normal light conditions for anyone with low-light vision and shadowy illumination for those with only normal vision.

The stream is no deeper than one foot, it will not slow movement.
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:02 am

Hlin says to the whole party "We have a fight on our hands the tree is battling 4 thingies!"

As Hlin starts to run towards the red maple tree moving 40 feet.

Hlin moves (32,35)
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:52 pm

Martin
HP: 62 (max 75)
AC: 18 / 12 touch / 16 flat-footed
Weapon: masterworked mighty composite longbow, arrows

With H'lin's shout, Martin turns in the direction the dwarf is heading & makes spot & listen checks.

Spot: +16 (+13 base +5 goggles +5 darkvision -7 distance)
Listen: +13
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:52 pm

The member 'CondieBerks' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 17, 5
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:53 pm

Martin's results

Spot 33
Listen 18
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Base Camp: Encounter 2   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 9:38 am

Oytwood
Base Camp
Time: 21:05:06

Martin's Spot Result: Major Success (result 10 or higher than the DC)
Although his darkvision does not extend far enough Martin can see the foes through the moonlight. Hlin's description of "thingies" is far from the truth. A pack of massive wolves have stumbled into the camp. The wolves are easily 7 feet long and about 2 feet wide. One wolf (W7) is nearly 10 feet long and 3 feet wide. They are pulling back from the animated red maple, an unexpected foe.

Martin's Listen Check: Major Success
Martin hears the battle clearly, the bending red maple and the growling and snarling of predatory wolves, but little else beyond that.

Greybark moves to the edge of the creek.

Lowlyn turns to Martin; it's obvious he spotted the wolves as well.
"Just dire wolves. Perhaps we can get them to move on without violence."

Lusula and Pa'cheen nod in agreement.

Pa'cheen shouts to Hlin.
"Hold, Hlin! Before you give the wolves a target they can sink teeth into!"

Lusula shouts at Greybark.
"Can you get Red Maple to stand down while we move in."

Greybark shouts back,
"It is done, but be careful."

Red Maple stops moving. Soon only the growling and snarling of hungry wolves are heard. And Hlin is standing in between them and the camp.
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 3:27 pm

Hlin listens to Pa'cheen and she stops where she is.

Then says "Their just wolves. Okay well I will try to come back to the group without them coming after me."
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:02 pm

DM POST

Didn't add the updated map, sorry about that. It's updated now.

I will make a new story post tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Base Camp: Encounter 2   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 9:13 am

Oytwood
Base Camp
Time: 21:05:12

Lowlyn passes Hlin and the tents, but he stops within the firelight of the second pit so he can keep an eye on the approaching wolves. Pa'cheen and Lusula follow, but stay behind him.

The wolves test the perimeter of the camp. They cautiously move through the southeast opening where no animated trees would be a threat. W7 takes point. The pack moves with more confidence as they move into the camp. W7 is a massive dire wolf with a thick black fur coat. He stares down Lowlyn. Lowlyn, undaunted, stares back.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Base Camp: Encounter 2   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 9:35 am

Oytwood
Base Camp
Time: 21:06:18

Lowlyn pulls out a wand and speaks one word of power as he taps his head with the tip of the wand. He waits at the edge of the campfire for W7 to come into view. 

W7 comes into full view of the campfire and the moonlight. It's massive muscular form stands no more than 5 feet from Lowlyn. W7 displays his large canines. He never takes his eyes from Lowlyn.

Lowlyn stares down the alpha male and responds with growls that mimic the wolf's noise.

The two stare each other down and pace around each other. At any moment W7 looks prepared to lunge at Lowlyn, but always backs off.

Pa'cheen and Lusula watch intently. Jacob and Marilyn move behind Hlin in case they are needed.

After about a minute of this game, Lowlyn and W7 reach a stalemate. The alpha male is completely unimpressed. His muscles tense up and he lowers his head as two of his pack come into clear view of the campfire.

Lowlyn instinctively reaches for his bow, but quickly switches to his sword. He doesn't unsheathe the blade, but keeps a firm grip on the hilt.

DM NOTE: I put S7 on the map, since we keep forgetting about the blue-skinned creep.
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 9:24 pm

Martin
HP: 62 (max 75)
AC: 18 / 12 touch / 16 flat-footed
Weapon: masterworked mighty composite longbow, arrows

H'lin's shout of thingies had Martin high-strung & nearly ready to shoot at anything that moved.  Even after recognizing what his opponents were, he didn't calm down until Llowlyn stepped up & said it was just dire wolves.

Of course, Llowlyn confronting & staring down the alpha male is just working Martin up again.  Martin steps forward to (30, 31) with his bow still in hand.  He just hopes an action of his doesn't set off an unwanted mess.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Base Camp: Encounter 2   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 11:11 am

Oytwood
Base Camp
Time: 21:07:24

The alpha's (W7) back arches and brandishes is large white canines. Lowlyn falters a bit and takes a step back. The dire wolf takes that as an opportunity and lunges.

However, Lusula, moves in front of Lowlyn at the moment the alpha would have leaped. The alpha stances relaxes just inches from Lusula. It watches her cautiously, but ceases to threaten.

Lusula does not speak, but eyes the wolf down. They stare at each other for a long time. Pa'cheen steps up beside Lusula to make his presence known.

The wolf is the first to break the contest of wills. It moves its head from side to side and steps back. A moment later it snorts and howls to the rest of its pack.

It then turns and leads its pack back into the darkness of the forest.

Lusula turns to Lowlyn and places a hand on his shoulder.
"We won't be hearing from them again."
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Sunsebb 6th, Earthday, 586CY: Oytwood: Base Camp   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 9:50 am

Oytwood
Base Camp
Time: 21:09:00

Silence fills the woods once again. The wolves are not returning.

Lowlyn turns to Lusula,
"Thank you, I would hate to have killed him. He's was a beautiful specimen. I thought for sure he would have bitten you though."

Lusula only smiles.

The group turns back to the camp.

Jacob looks down at S7.
"Since you guys sent us a prisoner, let's see what he knows."

Jacob looks down at the tied up foe. The paladin's eyes narrow as he stares down S7; S7 responds by staring back with a comfortable smirk on his face. 

Jacob replies,
"We'll see how long that lasts. We are in a position to reach some sort of mutual understanding. As I see it, you are a murderous fiend simply because of your association with Nerraune. That makes you subject to the laws of the land. As it happens we are in a warzone, which puts your fate straight into the hands of Lieutenant Martin, Lieutenant Lowlyn, or myself. We can bury you here, we can bury you back at the fort, or we can bury you at Hochoch."
Jacob pauses to let the information sink into S7's head.
"Or I can be merciful and keep you in the stocks for a good long time. A life-in-prison sentence with hard labor would be preferable to sudden death given your ultimate fate into the Abyss. Give us the information we want and I'll make sure you get life imprisonment over death."

S7 spits in Jacob's face.

Jacob calmly wipes the saliva from his face.
"Have it your way."
Jacob turns to Lieutenant Martin.
"I'm thinking we bring him to Fort Olvewater with us, when we finish with Nerraune, and assemble a military tribunal there."

DM NOTE: I plan on moving on to the fort with the other group in a couple of days, if nothing is added before then.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 11:25 am

Oytwood
Fort Olvewater
Time: 18:00:00

Mel assembles the team together. Even Clara and Tanya arrive, looking much better than they did earlier. Mel waits for everyone to assemble before she speaks.
"All right, everyone, I'd like to continue the the patrols on the western side of the river. The last scout group was not large enough to deal with threats. Also, I'm concerned about how the enemy is moving out on the trade road. Also, the surviving orcs from the last team who stumbled upon us may have reached allies by now. Not to mention we could use some of our own. So, I'd like for the patrols to last a little longer, maybe a couple of days. The patrols would also involve moving along the trade road to gain intelligence on the giant movements and perhaps strike at them if you feel ready to do so."

Mel pauses, gauging everyone's faces.
"Any suggestions?"
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 7:00 pm

Himo ask "How many people can go on the scouting party if we start them again?"

Then he says "I will go if we can send any extra people."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Huecuva's Blight
Page 14 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 33  Next