Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 1:37 am

FORT OLVEWATER
Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY
Time: 07:57:54

"I like the idea of reconnaissance parties, HIMO. My issue is that we will not be capable, I believe, of having a truly effective reconnaissance unit. It would be nice if we had a team or teams to be specialized for scouting. However, with a need to keep an out for trouble or allies we may be able to conduct some limited reconnaissance. Second watch has down time between 1200 and 1600; that gives KIRAK's team four hours for reconnaissance. Third watch has four hours after their watch from 0800 to 1200. That would cover most of the daylight hours. We should not risk a night scouting party.

"So with that in mind third watch will do a four hour reconnaissance detail from 0800 to 1200. Second watch will perform a four hour reconnaissance detail from 1200 to 1600. During the day the fort will be staffed with the largest contingent of troops as well as BEKAH, CLARA, and I. Also, the teams will focus our reconnaissance within a half-mile radius semicircle along the west bank of the Olvewater. I'm more concerned about enemy troop movements in the western sections of the Oytwood."

She narrows her eyes at HIMO.

"Remember the teams are strictly reconnaissance. If you see any trouble, you track enemy movements and report back to the fort. You will not engage the enemy unless to defend yourself, with the intention of getting a chance to break away. Do not take chances. I also recommend extreme caution when contacting elves and woodsmen while on reconnaissance. It is important to limit a reconnaissance team's exposure. We will start the reconnaissance details tomorrow morning. Anything else?"
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 6:15 pm

FORT OLVEWATER
Time: 07:58:30

MARILYN takes a moment to see if there are any more ideas. She nods after a moment and says
"Well, then if you come up with any ideas while out here, pass it along to me. Until then, everyone to your posts. It is first watch, so my team will take over. Those who need rest, get some rest."

The meeting breaks off with everyone moving to their appointed tasks.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 6:42 pm

FORT OLVEWATER
Time: 11:22:00
1ST WATCH

ON WATCH: BEKAH, MARILYN, CLARA
FORT TROOPS: Marcus, Jacob, Crane, Aaron, Lee, and Richard

DOWNTIME: MEL, TANYA, NYDENT, ARLIE
FORT TROOPS: Malcolm and Jerry
CLARA's BANDITS: Vic

ASLEEP: KIRAK, LEYLADIN, HIMO
FORT TROOPS: Terry and Kip
CLARA's BANDITS: Biff and Stauder

The warm day is refreshing for everyone at the fort. The stillness of the forest from the day before seems to have ended with the sound of birds in the trees. The Olvewater's lazy roll has increased due to an the wind kicking up. Thick gray clouds sail throught the sky, pushed along by the steady southwest wind.

BEKAH is with Marcus and Jacob along the west sentry post on the high ground of the fort. The western edge of the Olvewater is quiet with the exception of a deer that was drinking at the shore about an hour earlier.

MARILYN, Crane, Aaron, and Richard are in the base proper keeping an eye from the earthworks and patroling the perimeter of the low ground.

CLARA, Lee, and Vic are stationed at the east sentry post diligently scanning the shoreline.

BEKAH takes a glance to the east sentry post and notices CLARA quickly look at Lee and point down to the base camp. Lee nods, quickly spins around, and rushes to the ropes leading down to the base camp. He slides down the rope very quickly.

CLARA and Vic look out along the SOUTHEAST like hawks searching for prey. Vic has his bow strung, but CLARA does not. All BEKAH can see is the quiet calm of the eastern shore. Turning back to CLARA and Vic, BEKAH sees that Vic is shrugging his shoulders saying something to CLARA. CLARA is not looking at him, but still staring at the SE shore of the Olvewater.

Down below Lee is rushing to MARILYN. MARILYN spots him and runs toward him.

ARLIE, resting at his tent on the western side of the base camp, sees Lee rushing toward MARILYN.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:38 pm

BEKAH trys to see beyond CLARAs post to see what is causing her to send LEE to base camp.

Spot +12
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:38 pm

The member 'Bekah' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 12
Back to top Go down
https://rpgcentral.darkbb.com

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:39 pm

Spot result
12 + 12 = 24
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 10:59 pm

FORT OLVEWATER
Time: 11:22:12
1ST WATCH

BEKAH gazing over the entire length of the island fort sees nothing along the eastern shore.

CLARA and Vic are still looking along the eastern shore, but their gaze is less focused. They are scanning now. Trying to catch sight of something.

Lee reaches MARILYN and starts talking to her. MARILYN looks up at CLARA, then to the eastern shore. She then looks up to BEKAH
"BEKAH, Marcus and Jacob, get over to CLARA and see if you can see anything on the eastern shore!"
MARILYN turns to ARLIE, MEL, NYDENT, and TANYA.
"Sergeant MEL, TANYA, get up to the east sentry post and take a look as well. ARLIE, NYDENT you're with me."
She then addresses the troops still at the base camp.
"Troops take defensive positions here at the base camp. I'll call you if you are needed."

The TROOPS and CLARA's BANDITS say
"Yes, Lieutenant."

MARILYN hustles over to the east shore of the island to take a look at the Oytwood.

BEKAH is about 250 FEET from the east sentry post. MARILYN is 60 FEET from the shoreline at the base camp. TANYA and MEL are 250 FEET from CLARA's post.

DM: From this point, until I say otherwise, we are operating in rounds. Only post what you can do in a 6-second round

Last edited by Aloddaharm on Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 11:10 pm

BEKAH says "Yes, Lieutenant."

BEKAH RUNS 120 FT TOWARDS THE EASTERN SENTRY POST.

Last edited by Bekah on Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 12:23 am

FORT OLVEWATER
Time: 11:22:24
1ST WATCH

BEKAH is now 130 FEET from CLARA's postion. TANYA and MEL have climbed up to the high ground and meet BEKAH as she rushes by. The troops are lagging behind due to their heavier armor.

CLARA and Vic are still looking out across the river. Vic says something to CLARA, she looks at him and lowers her head. CLARA's glances at BEKAH and the others coming to her.
"I believe I may have called a false alarm."

MARILYN, NYDENT, and ARLIE reach the eastern side of the base camp. The shore across the river looks vacant. Whatever CLARA had seen, cannot be seen with a casual look.
MARILYN speaks to ARLIE while keeping her attention on the Oytwood.
"You have the best eyes, give me a look around."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 12:50 am

BEKAH CONITUES RUNNING TO THE EASTERN SENTRY POST GOING ANOTHER 120 FT.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 11:13 pm

FORT OLVEWATER
Time: 11:22:30
1ST WATCH

BEKAH runs to within 10 FEET of CLARA's exact position. TANYA and MEL are directly behind her. The troops are running 40 FEET behind them.

CLARA moves to meet with BEKAH
"I thought I saw something earlier, but I must have been mistaken. It was brightly colored, I thought it was a cloak. Either it has vanished into the wood or it was never there."

Vic nods
"I saw it too, Lee did not."

"Hello, out there. We do hope we are not intruding."
Calls a VOICE from the eastern shore of the Olvewater.

CLARA and Vic turn around, arrows notched in their bows. They aim the weapons in the direction of the voice.

80 FEET from the west sentry post is an outcropping along the eastern bank of the Olvewater. The outcropping has an elevation approximately the same height at the fort's high ground. Standing on this outcropping are four humans. One is clothed in bright, clashing clothes. Except for quarterstaves used as walking sticks the four human are unarmed.

MARILYN, upon seeing the figures appear at the outcropping, orders her men to wake the others.

The soldiers back in the camp awaken KIRAK, LEYLADIN, HIMO and the other troops with the same phrase.
"Lieutenant MARILYN needs you awake, we have company!"

The lead human visitor smiles at the sight of the arrows pointed at him. His tone is one of amusement and nonchalance.
"Charming."

No longer running by rounds. Everyone is free to act as they wish
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:40 pm

HIMO climbs out of his tent with shield and his sword and finds where MARILYN is at. "Yes Lieutenant MARILYN where is the company?" As he shakes off the sleeply feels after being awaken; "I hope they have useful info about the enemies and maybe other allies."
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:14 am

FORT OLVEWATER
Time: 11:22:36
1ST WATCH

AWAKE: HIMO

ASLEEP: KIRAK, LEYLADIN

MARILYN, upon hearing HIMO, points her bastard sword up to the east sentry post where HIMO can see CLARA and Vic leveling their bows at four humans on an outcropping on the eastern bank of the Olvewater. TANYA, MEL, BEKAH, Marcus, and Jacob are also there.

MARILYN is headed toward the ropes leading up to the high ground.
"I need you up there, HIMO, now!"

CLARA eyes HUMAN #1, the lead human still smiling at her.
"What are you people doing out here?"

HUMAN #4, the man dressed in the bright flashy clothes, responds curtly
"We were taking a hike!"

CLARA growls under her breath.

HUMAN #3, a woman with long raven black hair, smacks HUMAN #4 across the back of the head.
"PA'CHEEN, this is hardly the time to respond with sarcasm. These bashers would like the dark of why we're here."

HUMAN #1 calls back to CLARA
"You will have to pardon PA'CHEEN; he's quite young and a little brash."

PA'CHEEN respons to HUMAN #1
"Clamp your bone-box, TA'HEED!"

CLARA responds
"Pardons are not high on my list of priorties."

TANYA winces.

HUMAN #1 ignores the comment and holds his nonchalant tone
"We were headed this way to use the ford to head southwest. We did not expect to meet people camped out here."

CLARA's tone is still unflinchingly icy. She's still looking at TA'HEED along the length of her arrow shaft.
"Well, you found us."

Last edited by Aloddaharm on Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:37 am

After moving 230 FEET to be with CLARA and the others.
"Where are you people from?;And this weird talk?" HIMO ask TA'HEED

HIMO scratches his head with right eye brow rises as he glance at TA'HEED
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 1:27 am

ARLIE looks up at MARILYN. "Sentries had trouble spotting ... them?"

He pauses for a moment & mutters aloud to no-one in particular. "There must be magic involved! And all the best spell casters are gone... Dang it!"

ARLIE looks at the new arrivals a moment, then back to MARILYN. "Well, they've gotten to us alive & unharmed from someplace. They're either really lucky & maybe crazy, or REALLY talented & not so crazy. Good luck!"

ARLIE heads back to his bedroll.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:25 pm

BEKAH finishes moving the last few feet to join the group looking at our visitors and takes as good a look at them as she can, trying to figure out how well armed they may be.

LEYLA climbs out of the tent, looks around noticing the gathering crowd and heads over to see whats going on.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:37 pm

FORT OLVEWATER
Time: 11:23:48
1ST WATCH

AWAKE: HIMO, LEYLADIN

ASLEEP: KIRAK

MARILYN's eyes narrow as she watches ARLIE walk away.
"Well, those comments were less than useless."

She straightens her back and rolls her shoulders.
"ARLIE, you will not be going back to your bedroll until I give an 'All Clear' command. At the moment we have yet to even assessed if these humans are a threat. Therefore you will stay right here with the soldiers in base camp until called for. Perhaps you will be useful at hitting something should the situation call for it."

MARILYN turns to NYDENT
"NYDENT, let's go meet these visitors. Time for you to learn a few tricks in diplomacy."

MARILYN heads off to the rope ladder.

NYDENT follows behind. He stutters.
"Yes, Lieutenant."

TA'HEED looks at HIMO
"Well, young elf, we hail from Principality, a realm far from here."

HUMAN #2, also a female with long black hair adorned with red, pink, light blue, and white flowers, smiles and reminiscences.
"Yes, Principality, a place where the wind carries the music of peace, and the birds do more than chirp, they sing the praises of each new day."

Her smile fads
"Unlike here, where all I hear is raw nature: beautiful, but ultimately indifferent."

TA'HEED looks back at his comrade.
"Well put, LUSULA--"he looks back at HIMO--"however, I do not know what you mean by our strange talk. We seem to have little difficulty understanding one another."

PA'CHEEN shouts out from the back.
"The berk doesn't know the dark of our slang; he's no blood, just a prime sod."

TA'HEED nods in understanding
"Of course, I apologize, old habits and all that."
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:59 pm

HIMO nods his head as he tries to understand the slang

"Well so why are you traveling far from home and you know giants control the area west of the OLVEWATER? You are underequpped to fight those DANM PAIN IN THE ASSES!"

As HIMO looks at their quaterstaff and their lack of armor.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:31 am

FORT OLVEWATER
Time: 11:24:48
1ST WATCH

AWAKE: BEKAH, MARILYN, CLARA, MEL, TANYA, NYDENT, ARLIE, HIMO, LEYLADIN
FORT TROOPS: Marcus, Jacob, Crane, Aaron, Lee, Richard, Malcolm, Jerry,Terry and Kip
CLARA's BANDITS: Vic, Biff and Stauder

KYNA giggles. She covers her mouth quickly, not expecting the outburst. She looks at TA'HEED
"We stormed the Field of Nettles twenty years ago in the Gray Waste to retrieve a comrade and this young elf thinks we are underequipped to deal with giants?"

LUSULA glances at KYNA
"Remember, prime. He has no idea what you just said."

CLARA shouts, still aiming her bow at TA'HEED
"Will somebody please start talking some bloody sense!"

TANYA chimes in with a smile
"Well, I assume this means they have some battle experience."

KYNA claps
"The prime gets it!"

CLARA turns, bow aimed at TANYA
"Not helping, TANYA."

TANYA sticks her tongue out at CLARA.

TA'HEED raises his hand for silence, and his comrades go silent. He pauses for a moment and then speaks
"We are well equipped to deal with giants. Do not let an appearance fool you, young elf. As for our reason for being so far from home, we are friends with HALE TERRADEEN of the Order of the Verdant Grove here in the Oytwood. We had come to visit him. He was not home, but we found giants. He had left a message to his acolytes that he had moved to a place named Hopemeet. I do not know if anyone but us received the message."

NYDENT, who has just arrived with MARILYN, speaks up, in shock
"HALE TERRADEEN is one of the druid lords."
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:52 am

HIMO looks bewildered starts pacing in a semicircle
"You've been where and kicked giants around? Is there any chance that want to be allies and help us with the fort ?"

HIMO asks TA'HEED with a beaming smile.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 1:15 am

FORT OLVEWATER
Time: 11:26:00
1ST WATCH

AWAKE: BEKAH, MARILYN, CLARA, MEL, TANYA, NYDENT, ARLIE, HIMO, LEYLADIN
FORT TROOPS: Marcus, Jacob, Crane, Aaron, Lee, Richard, Malcolm, Jerry,Terry and Kip
CLARA's BANDITS: Vic, Biff and Stauder

TA'HEED shakes his head slowly
"Any giants in the Field of Nettles would be slaves or simple foot soldiers. The Field of Nettles is a place of pure evil; the type of place that makes your blood boil and run icy cold at the same time. It is a place where if you give into despair you will never leave as the colors of your skin, eyes, and hair fade to a monotonous, hopeless gray color. On this field immense armies of fiends (devils and demons) war with each other for control of the field. It is a pointless and bloody place to visit."

PA'CHEEN shimes in from the back
"Does that suit your taste for battle experience?"

TA'HEED raises a hand to silence PA'CHEEN.
"Before we speak any further I'd prefer not to yell from across a river. May we come over?"

CLARA eyes the four humans suspiciously.
"This is how it works. We get some pretty speech, we let them in, and we wake up with our throats slit."

TANYA chimes in
"That last part seems a little impossible."

Vic replies
"Unless you're undead."

Silence fills the sentry post as everyone looks at Vic. Vic hangs his head, ashamed.

MARILYN walks up next to HIMO and CLARA.
"CLARA, Vic, lower the bows. I have a feeling they would be useless anyway."

She addresses the humans
"You are free to come to the fort, I will have Master Sergeant MEL bring the canoes over to the shore."

TA'HEED smiles and waves his hand
"No need, we shall come over ourselves."

Each of the humans raises their left hand into the air. After a second or two, they drop their hands with such a force dirt is kicked up in small clouds. The humans then rise into the air, PA'CHEEN shoots high into the air with a "Woohoo!". The other three sail over from the outcropping to the sentry post while PA'CHEEN is doing barrel rolls and corkscrews in the air.

TA'HEED lands in front of HIMO and MARILYN. KYNA and LUSULA land behind them. TA'HEED, without looking at PA'CHEEN, yells at the young showoff.
"PA'CHEEN! Get down here!"

PA'CHEEN stops in a mid-air somersault and heads to the sentry post, landing near BEKAH.
"Yeah, Yeah, always taking my fun away."

TA'HEED looks at HIMO with a smile.
"Never believe an appearance."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:13 am

Kirak makes his way out of his tent, just as several figures sail through the air and land inside the fort grounds.
"Awww fuck..." he mutters getting ready to strike.
Kirak's instincts were immediately thinking they were under attack, but were calmed as it seemed the situation was well in hand. Realizing that the situation called for a more diplomatic act than one of brawn and fist, he quietly makes his way over to Marilyn

"Lieutenant, we have visitors I see. Anything I can do to help?”
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 2:11 pm

FORT OLVEWATER
Time: 11:26:00
1ST WATCH

MARILYN turns to KIRAK
"These travellers are from a faraway land. They have come to the Oytwood to visit a comrade, and they ran afoul of giants."

PA'CHEEN exclaims
"Actually, they ran afoul of us."

LUSULA and KYNA nod in agreement.

She turns back to TA'HEED
"I believe we have something in common. We have run afoul of giants as well."

TA'HEED nods with a smile
"We have two things in common."

TANYA shoots the newcomer a quizzical look
"We're all here on this ledge?"

TA'HEED laughs, a genuine, warm laugh. It has a strange calming effect on everyone in the party.
"No, my friend, we have also survived or vanquished giants. I assume this because you wouldn't be here otherwise." He snaps his fingers. "But where are my manners? Let me introduce my comrades."

Even CLARA blinks away watering eyes at TA'HEED's laugh.

TA'HEED introduces his fellow companions. All of the newcomers have golden skin and dark hair colors, common among the Baklunish people from north of the Barrier Peaks. LUSULA is a slender woman with long black hair. Her hair is adorned with flowers, red, light blue, pink, and white blossoms. Her eyes have milky blue irises. KYNA is another slender woman with dark brown hair that appears impossibly splotched with light brown patches. The showoff, PA'CHEEN, has short, spiked brown hair. He wears brightly colored clothes, flamboyant and clashing. His dress appears to have a Suel style, making his appearance even more odd. TA'HEED, the leader, has dark brown hair, tied in a simple pony tail. His amber eyes bely the years of an experienced leader and warrior. Their clothes are still simple and the only weapons still visible are their quarterstaves. However, their quarterstaves appear even more ineffective as weapons upon closer inspection. The staves are more slender and appear to be made from a wood similar to bamboo. Hardly a stave to be used in lethal combat.

MARILYN then introduces everyone at the sentry post to the newcomers, ending with herself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:06 pm

Kirak glances around the party of newcomers taking notice to the extreme lack of weapons.
They cant all be Monks? Can they? He asks himself
The bamboo looking staff gives him considerable interest, but not nearly as much as the calming effect TA'HEED's laughter has on everyone including Clara. The hardened seasoned warrior that she is Kiark surmises from his brief time interacting with her, that she would not be prone to such bouts of blatantly vulnerable emotion. She just doesn't strike him as the type. Although he has been wrong before, it does draw into question the actual effect of TA'HEED's laughter.
Kirak continues his momentarily evaluations concluding with their odd sense of superiority over this otherwise hostile terrain. It appears clear to Kiark that if they are speaking the truth, that they have clearly earned their right to that superiority. Even Kirak's Master would not have referred to Giants in such a casual way, as if indeed the simple act of defeating them was nothing more than part of their ritualistic 'morning workout.'
Kirak contemplates for a moical ment the impact of what all this means when his attention is drawn away momentarily, by a somewhat grumpy looking dwarf standing down at the base camp.
He thinks to himself. Ignoring him, at least for the moment Kirak nods and offers a slight bow to the new comers
"It’s a pleasure to meet you all, welcome to our little corner of the war."
Kirak looks closely at TA'HEED
"Where did you say you were from anyway?"
The sheer intense curiosity of the newcomers had gotten the better of him and the inquiry was issued from Kirak's mouth even as left his brain, almost happening instantaneously.
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:41 pm

FORT OLVEWATER
Time: 11:27:36
1ST WATCH

TA'HEED gives a quick nod to KIRAK
"We are from Principality, a realm where serenity, contemplation, and self-discovery are one's only duties."

He looks back at MARILYN, completely distracted by MARILYN's surcoat emblazoned with Mayaheine's holy symbol.
"So, you worship the Sword Maiden of Pelor, you say?"

MARILYN straightens her shoulders and bows like a noble at court.
"So you know of her and Pelor?"

TA'HEED smile is infectious.
"Yes, we went to Light's Blessing with HALE, some years ago. He is a worshipper of Pelor, you know?"

MARILYN's tone raises to a level of excitement
"Our commanding officer, who is escorting an elven noble to Hochoch, east of here, is a paladin of Pelor."

TA'HEED is still smiling
"How fortunate." His smile fades as he continues. "Hopefully, they will be giving NERRAUNE's place a wide berth."

TANYA looks up
"NERRAUNE?"

NYDENT answers TANYA's question
"NERRAUNE is the druid lord that has since fallen out of favor with the elves and the forest. Rumors filter in that he has turned to the necromantic arts for some nefarious purpose."

TA'HEED nods in acknowledgment
"It is no rumor. NERRAUNE is practicing necromancy and his power is growing. The druid lords used to be all comrades within this forest, but I think this war may be taking its toll."

LUSULA speak up
"We tried to seek an audience with NERRAUNE, about HALE. The berk yelled through some elven corpse and tossed some of his cronies at us! That was when we decided to head this way."

TA'HEED continues the thought
"Finding HALE was more important at the time than dealing with NERRAUNE. You, however, may have to deal with him, eventually. His cronies are easy to spot, they are all emblazoned with the scythe and skull symbol of Nerull. And they are all undead."

TA'HEED shakes his head with a sad, heavy sigh.
"The druid has fallen quite far."

The four humans are silent for another few agonizing seconds. When their mood dampens, the silence feels deafening to everyone around them. Even the birds in the trees sound muffled or distant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch
Page 11 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next