Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 1:05 am

FORT OLVEWATER
Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY
Time: 11:29:12
1ST WATCH

KYNA breaks through the silence.
"However, we have not wavered in our fight against evil and injustice.

TA'HEED's infectious smile returns.
"Well spoken, my love."

MARILYN looks at TA'HEED.
"Are you in the mood for a proposition?"

TA'HEED raises an eyebrow and opens his hand toward MARILYN, palm up.
"Proceed, Sword Maiden."

MARILYN straightens her shoulders and takes a deep breath.
"I understand that you wish to find the druid lord, HALE TERRADEEN, in Hopemeet. I understand the need to find a friend, and that is what makes this request so difficult."

TA'HEED responds
"Take your time."

MARILYN continues
"All of the Oytwood is embroiled in a war against giants and their orc allies. All of the surrrounding region used to belong to the human land of Geoff. However, an organized army of giants ripped through the entire area and laid waste to cities and farmlands. Elves, humans, and many others have been displaced, enslaved, or eaten. We are a small force composed of peoples from the Sheldomar Valley and the Oytwood, and we are dedicated to ridding this land of the giant infestation. At the moment, with our commander gone with a third of our force, we are limited in manpower. We are expecting an attack from giants soon, with little hope for reinforcements. We cannot sacrifice this ford to the giants; the ford is too strategically important. I am asking for your aid in helping us defend this small fort from the giants, at least until we can regroup with our commander. The depravations of the giants can be seen everywhere in this forest. Should you agree to help us, I would be willing to accompany you to Hopemeet, a deed for a deed."

PA'CHEEN chimes in
"TA'HEED, does it really matter where we fight the giants?"

TA'HEED replies
"We are here to find HALE; the giants were an unexpected difficulty." He turns back to MARILYN. "However, a sword maiden of Mayaheine is a sword maiden of Pelor. It could be impolite to refuse to give aid."

MARILYN
"We are a strong and courageous group of people, united in the purpose to oust the giants. Unfortunately, I can offer little but my gratitude and assistance should you decide to stay with us. We can also offer you a share of any spoils taken from our enemies. There is little more I can offer, except the possibility to aid noble people against a terrible foe."

TA'HEED nods, still smiling.
"Our purpose has always been to battle evil and injustice without reservation. However, there are many ways to do it. Let me confer with my colleagues."

TA'HEED turns to his comrades, they form a small circle. They close their eyes and walk toward each other. Instead of meeting in a huddle, the four humans become more translucent, incorporeal, and then disappear altogether.

TANYA is stunned
"What in all the layers of the Abyss? Where did they go?"

Last edited by Aloddaharm on Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 10:49 pm

"TANYA, I have no clue where they went but they are odd to say the least." HIMO tries to answer TANYA question.

"MARILYN, I have another idea for the fort." As HIMO goes to MARILYN
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 1:08 am

FORT OLVEWATER
Time: 11:32:42
1ST WATCH

MARILYN turns to HIMO.
"I would like to hear your idea, but first I need to resolve the current situation."

CLARA turns to MARILYN.
"I cannot believe you are attempting to enlist their aid. How do you know that these people are telling the truth? Even if they are telling the truth, what does any of it mean: Field of Nettles, Principality? Anyone hear know about the places they are talking about? Do these places even exist?"

There is silence amongst the companions.

MARILYN is the first to speak.
"They have displayed some of their power. By the looks of it if they wanted to cause us harm, they would have done it by now. They speak highly of Pelor and Mayaheine. I believe it was worth the risk. I did not come to this decision lightly."

CLARA shakes her head
"I just don't think we can trust them."

TA'HEED voice can be heard suddenly, there is a subdued joyous laughter etched in his words.
"I understand your suspicions, CLARA. I assure that our motives are pure."

The four humans fade in at the same place where they faded out.

CLARA's eyes narrow suspiciously.
"You heard us."

TA'HEED speaks.
"Yes, we passed over to the Ethereal for a moment. We were hardly out of earshot."

TANYA looks up.
"The what?"

TA'HEED is about to explain, but turns to MARILYN.
"Sword Maiden MARILYN, we have decided to agree to your terms with an added term of our own. We will give this alliance a 7-day 'trial period' so to speak. At the end of that time we will decide if we wish to stay longer. Also, as far as payment, we shall take a single share of loot that will be split between the four of us. Do these terms seem satisfactory?"

MARILYN nods quickly.
"Certainly! I see no problems with that."

TA'HEED continues.
"Also, there will be no need to accompany us to Hopemeet; it is a thoughtful gesture, but unecessary."

TA'HEED steps with his other companions.
"We no longer see a need for disguises; so in the interests of openness and trust it is time to drop pretenses."

TA'HEED and the other three humans' forms begin to shimmer and fade. Another form appears beneath their Baklunish images. As the human form dissolves away, the remaining form causes a sudden spark of fear to run through all party members at the sentry post. Beneath the human glamer is that of a humanoid wolf. The gut reaction screams werewolf, but these wolf humanoids still retain a regal posture. TA'HEED's eyes are the same as before and his short mane of hair along his back still has a short ponytail. LUSULA's long hair is a mane of hair running down her back and is still decorated with soft-colored flowers. KYNA's odd colored hair makes more sense as her entire wolf fur is dark brown with light brown patches. PA'CHEEN's short, spiked hair is a mohawk atop his head, and he is still wearing flashy clothes. Their real forms boast vicious clawed hands and long muzzles with sharp canines, explaining their lack of other weapons. Also, they are wearing leather armor underneath their clothing.

TA'HEED steps up to a shocked MARILYN.
"We are Lupinals, Sword Maiden. We are guardians of Elysium, the Restful Plane. And we have agreed to aid you."

Last edited by Aloddaharm on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 1:18 am

"I knew it a little odd for humans." HIMO says right before he faints

He falls fast and hits the ground with a hard thud.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 7:44 pm

Kirak with an open jaw and shocked look
"By Saint Cuthbert...."
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 8:17 pm

FORT OLVEWATER
Time: 11:34:36
1ST WATCH

PA'CHEEN glances at a stunned KIRAK and a fainted HIMO. With a smile he speaks.
"Quite a shock, huh?"

MARILYN, keeping her composure, bows.
"We welcome your divine assistance. I do hope we are worthy."

CLARA steps back with Vic, both still eye the Lupinals with suspicion.

TANYA is rendered speechless.

Tears form in NYDENT's eyes.

TA'HEED looks at all that are present.
"All are worthy, sword maiden."

TA"HEED's eyes fall to CLARA and Vic
"It is a matter of what you learn from us."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:09 pm

Kirak quickly attempts to regain his composure, or at least the best he can.
"Yea, Welcome, Welcome, to uhhh."
Kirak pauses
"Wait I already said that..."
Ok jack tard, get it together NOW! Kirak whipes the back of his kneck nervously knowing full well he's making an ass out of himself.
"Yes, divine assistance, thank you..."
Kirak bows accordingly with respect to them. Unsure of how to speak to them or even talk to them more over the 'celestial' fact than anything else. Truth be told the wolf looking part really didn't bother him all that much as leaving him standing in front of actual celestial beings.
At some point Kirak stops trying and continues to Marilyn Saluting her.
"Lieutenant with your permission, I'm going to go let everyone know what's going on and give the order to stand down."
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Fort Olvewater   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:35 pm

FORT OLVEWATER
Time: 11:35:18
1ST WATCH

Lieutenant MARILYN returns KIRAK's salute.
"Of course Sergeant, give everyone the all clear and we can set the fort back to business as usual."

MARILYN turns to NYDENT
"NYDENT, please help HIMO back to his feet."

NYDENT nods and bends down to HIMO. The cleric reaches into his healer's kit, pulling out smelling salts. He passes the bottle under HIMO's nose.

MARILYN looks to everyone else still at the sentry post
"Everyone else back to your duties."
She turns to the Lupinals.
"If you could follow me, down to the main fort, we can discuss our alliance further."

TA'HEED holds out an arm, open palm.
"Lead on, Sword Maiden."
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:43 am

As HIMO opens his eyes with a deep exhale "AAAAHHHH! Where are the Lupinals? Please don't let them hurt me please! HIMO be good! HIMO be good....." looking at NYDENT

"Oh it's you NYDENT thank you how can i repay you?" HIMO asking NYDENT
What did we do to get the GODS' blessing As HIMO starts to get up from the ground with NYDENT's help. HIMO follows NYDENT back to the main camp, HIMO ask NYDENT "Did I make a fool of myself?" I HOPE I DIDN"T As HIMO sighs
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:26 am

FORT OLVEWATER
Time: 11:36:06
1ST WATCH

NYDENT helps HIMO to his feet.
"I do not believe that you looked anymore foolish than the rest of us. Come let's get you down to the main camp. You still have some sleep to get before your duties."

After the "All Clear" is given, everyone returns to their duties or bedrolls. MARILYN works out the details with the Lupinals for their shifts. A pair of Lupinals will help to cover the second and third watches. It is also learned that the Lupinals need only three hours of sleep for every 21 hours that they are awake. They also eat a lot less than a being of their size.

At the end of the meeting with the Lupinals, MARILYN looks at KIRAK.
"We may just pull off the defense of this fort."

END SCENE

NEXT SCENE GHORENFORE's GROUP
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: GHORENFORE's GROUP   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:58 am

GHORENFORE's GROUP
Time: 17:30:00

It has been a pleasant journey through the Oytwood on this day. The forest on the eastern side of the Olvewater, however, is very quiet. Birds and deer have been spotted in the distance, but otherwise there has been little in the way of wildlife. Over the last few hours the nice wind from the south as switched to colder polar winds blowing in from the NE. The temperature started to drop quickly when the sun went down. Winter clothes are becoming a necessity. The skies are still partly cloudy and Luna can barely be seen in the sky. Soon the great blue moon will be new. Celene, the smaller green moon still graces the Oytwood with her 1st quarter glow.

Night has already fallen around the party and they have long since settled at the campsite. The campsite is set up with four camping areas no more than 10 FEET apart. A central camping area is surrounding by a triangle of three other camping sites. Each site as a small fire to keep its occupants warm. FORLIN is able conjure enough food to feed the entire party for two days.

CENTRAL Campsite: GLASSBLOWER, FENNIGAN
NORTH Campsite: FORLIN, FAWN, FANG
SOUTHEAST Campsite: HLIN, LOWLYN
SOUTHWEST Campsite: ALEX, GHORENFORE, MARTIN

After the meal is finished, the party begins discussing plans for watches.
GLASSBLOWER volunteers for 1st watch (she will not hear anyone trying to convince her that she does not need to take a watch).
LOWLYN and FORLIN volunteer for 2nd watch, FENNIGAN for 3rd.

As the discussion continues, GHORENFORE hears MARILYN's voice echo in his head.
"Lieutenant, we made contact with powerful allies to aid us at the fort. Inform LOWLYN to avoid the druid NERRAUNE's domicile to the southeast."

Last edited by Aloddaharm on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Time was wrong!)
Back to top Go down
EvilBob

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 2:20 am

HLIN volunteers for 2nd watch "FORLIN thanks for the food but i have question for you. When we step foot into the city can you point me in the right way to find others to joins us in our quest to slain these overgrown vermim?"

Hoping that her clan gets off their ass and joins the fight soon.

" May the all mighty powerful MORDAIN bless this dwarf and her party to have a restfull night and great morning!" As HLIN says before going to bed for watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:02 am

Ghorenfore pauses for a moment and closes his eyes, a familiar voice echos in his head.
"Thank you Lieutenant, I will do, and well done, well done indeed. Give them my deepest thanks and appreciation. All's well here were getting ready to buckle down for the night, everything has been smooth so far."
Ghorenfore's eyes open as he hears several people talking about taking watches.
"Martin, You and I will take third watch."
His eyes pass to Martin as he nods to him.
Ghorenfore begins to walk over to LOWLYN's Position as he gives the elf a slight nod as well.
"LOWLYN, I have received word from Marilyn at the fort and it seems they have forged an alliance with someone she indicated my be 'powerful allies.' She also indicated we avoid the druid NERRAUNE's domicile to the southeast."
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: QUICK SCENE CHANGE   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:29 pm

QUICK SCENE CHANGE
FORT OLVEWATER

MARILYIN gets this message from GHORENFORE
"Thank you Lieutenant, I will do, and well done, well done indeed. Give them my deepest thanks and appreciation. All's well here were getting ready . . ."

MARILYN shrugs
"Well, I suppose everything is fine. Should have reminded him of the 25-word limit."

DM: Sorry I just could not resist

END SCENE

BACK TO GHORENFORE's GROUP
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Ghorenfore's Group   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:18 am

GHORENFORE's GROUP
Time: 17:30:36

LOWLYN nods to GHORENFORE
"I have already taken that into account, Lieutenant. It will take us an extra day to reach the edge of the Oytwood, but it is better than being dogged by NERRAUNE's undead dogs."

GLASSBLOWER spits her words
"The foolish elven druid made some deal with Nerull and has since broken all connections with the elves, other druids, and the forest. Those who followed him have been cursed by the forest and Corellon. Perhaps we may be able to finally put them to rest soon."

FORLIN speaks to HLIN
"I do know of a tavern/inn that caters to mercenaries and freelancers that come to Hochoch to seek their fame and fortune. Gavan's Son is the name of the place. You can start there."
FORLIN turns to GHORENFORE
"I think we ran into some of the druid's minions on our first trip through this area. They were a small band of undead, possibly using druidic magic to attack us. Fharlanghn aided me in turning them away."

LOWLYN reassures GHORENFORE
"We should be out of their reach, Lieutenant."
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Ghorenfore's Group   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:54 pm

GHORENFORE's GROUP
Time: 17:30:36

GLASSBLOWER says
"Well, FAWN and ALEX, you're with me."

DM:
Final Watch Assignments:

1st WATCH: GLASSBLOWER (watch leader), FAWN (FANG), ALEX
2nd WATCH: LOWLYN (watch leader), FORLIN, HLIN
3rd WATCH: GHORENFORE (watch leader), MARTIN, FENNIGAN
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: GHORENFORE's GROUP   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:09 am

GHORENFORE's GROUP
Time: 19:58:00

FIRST WATCH: GLASSBLOWER, ALEX, FAWN (FANG)

The temperature is still dropping quickly. It is, at the very least, thirty degrees colder since sunset only three hours ago. The wind is not very strong, but constant. The clouds in the sky keeping sailing under Celene, blocking the green moon from view. As a gust of wind dies down, you can hear the sound of unsteady shuffling and the rustling of something metallic.

GLASSBLOWER's large ears perk up over the sound. She asks in a low whisper,
"What is that?"

She gazes into the dark forest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 2:28 pm

ALEX peers in the direction of the sounds and trys to spot whatever could be causing the noise.

Spot check wisdom +2 and dark +10 within 60ft
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 2:28 pm

The member 'Bekah' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 5
Back to top Go down
https://rpgcentral.darkbb.com

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 2:29 pm

Spot result 5 + 12 = 17 within 60ft or 7 at further than 60ft
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:33 pm

GHORENFORE's GROUP

ALEX sees nothing besides the leafless trees of the forest. Whatever caused the sound is either not in range of his darkvision or well hidden; if there is anything threatening at all out there in the dark.
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 10:06 pm

FAWN & FANG turn in the direction having GLASSBLOWER's attention.

FAWN:
Spot +5 (+3 Wisdom, +2 elf)
Listen +5 (+3 Wisdom, +2 elf)

FANG:
Spot +5
Listen +5
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 10:06 pm

The member 'CondieBerks' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 14

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 20

#3 'd20' : 9

#4 'd20' : 4
Back to top Go down
https://rpgcentral.darkbb.com
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 10:08 pm

FAWN
Spot Result: 14 + 5 = 19
Listen Result: 20 + 5= 25

FANG
Spot Result: 9 + 5= 14
Listen Result: 4 + 5 = 9
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Ghorenfore's Group   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 10:43 pm

GHORENFORE's GROUP

Neither FANG nor FAWN see anything in the darkness. However, FAWN hears a series of light steps, growing quieter and attempting to flank the camp from the south and west. The rustling of metal armor can be heard from the southwest moving directly toward the camp without much finesse.

Also, FAWN picks up the distinct, but distant, sound of chanting.

CALL FOR INITIATIVE: GHORENFORE I need an initiative roll. Then I need everyone's result based on G's base roll.

DM: FAWN is still capable of alerting everyone before the combat rounds begin, but she can take no other actions

DM: If anyone wants to track the scene with graph paper, send me a PM and I will make sure to put the info on my combat posts.

Last edited by Aloddaharm on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch
Page 12 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23 ... 34  Next