Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
CondieBerks

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:17 pm

FAWN lurches to full attention from what she hears. She shouts "They're trying to flank us south & east! There's somebody chanting too!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:40 pm

Ghorenfore emerges from his tent with his longsword in hand. (Armorless)
"MARTIN, COVER THE SOUTHSIDE FAWN HELP HIM. ALEX YOUR WITH ME."
Ghorenfore moves to the Easternside. Preparing to defend.

INT; -1
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:40 pm

The member 'Ghorenfore' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 4
Back to top Go down
https://rpgcentral.darkbb.com

INT Roll = 3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 12:03 am

Init bonus of +4 so init of 8

ALEX takes up his Greataxe and moves to GHORENFORES side.

"Aye Lieutenant"
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Ghorenfore's Group: Encounter One: Round One   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:08 am

GHORENFORE's GROUP
Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY
Time: 19:58:06
ENCOUNTER ONE

ROUND ONE
Four things
DM: 1) Made a BIG typo, should have flanking from the WEST not east. I got too excited there, so everyone headed east, you should be headed west.
2) No one has moved from their postions just yet; that is not done until your turn, you can speak, but you cannot move. However, I will assume that everyone has gotten what they can use in combat and are out of their tents.
3) Since I am waiting for bridge openings before I go to work, I looked up the initiative order and I will start the round. MARTIN can follow after. I wanted my BADDIES to act this morning.
4) I will move your characters on my map through the path of least resistance, meaning, let me know if you are specifically avoiding enemy combatants so you do not get attacks of opportunity leveled against you. Don't worry I won't have anyone walk through a firepit; unless you want to.

COMBAT TERRAIN: Light Forest
LINE OF FIRE: Any target more than 20 FEET away has a 20% concealment bonus.
COVER: 1/4 to 1/2 cover (DM's choice) available within 1d6x5 feet of any character.
CONCEALMENT: An extra 10% concealment available with 1d4x5 feet of any character.
TACTICAL MOVEMENT: Normal
SPECIAL: A ready supply of branches can provide clubs or sharpened stakes in no time at all. In some forests, heavy vines can be used for snares or lassoes.
It’s dangerous to ride at high speed in a forest; the rider of any mount moving at a run or gallop has a 1 in 6 chance of being struck by a branch. The rider must make a successful Ride check (DC 20) or be unhorsed, suffering 1d6 points of damage from the fall.
Dense forests severely restrict flying creatures of Large or bigger sizes. Such monsters must land in a clear area and approach their prey on the ground, since there is not enough space between the trees to unfurl their wings.
OBSTACLES: Beyond the 9 tents and 4 firepits, there is a large fallen tree to the north of the camp. It has a five foot radius and stretches 90 feet in a SE direction. It is 35 FEET North and EAST of FAWN.
DM: This section will NOT be written on each new round.

INITIATIVE ORDER:
BADDY #1
MORE BADDIES
MARTIN
BIG BADDY
ALEX
BADDY #2
GLASSBLOWER
LOWLYN
FAWN/FANG
HLIN
FENNIGAN
EVEN MORE BADDIES
FORLIN
GHORENFORE

BADDY #1 and MORE BADDIES' TURNS

Last edited by Aloddaharm on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Ghorenfore's Group: Encounter One: Round One   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:20 am

GHORENFORE's GROUP
ENCOUNTER ONE

ROUND ONE

ALEX sees three emaciated wood elves with pink flesh rushing at him from the dark forest. Each one has bloodstained claws and a mouth full of fangs and bits of their last victims. They close in on three sides, SOUTH, SOUTHWEST, and EAST. They are ADJACENT to ALEX and ALEX has GHORENFORE's tent blocking any movement, in any direction, NORTH. LOWLYN is ADJACENT to ALEX from the NORTHEAST.

Four more emaciated elves rush from the WEST. Two are headed for GLASSBLOWER at the NORTHWEST section of the camp. One is 5 FEET WEST and SOUTH of her, the other is 10 FEET SOUTH and 5 FEET WEST. Two more of the creatures are rushing MARTIN as he comes out of his tent. They are both 5 FEET from him, but one is NORTH and the other is SOUTH of MARTIN.

END OF TURN

NEXT MARTIN's TURN
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Ghorenfore's Group: Encounter One: Round One   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:35 am

GHORENFORE's GROUP
ENCOUNTER ONE

ROUND ONE: MARTIN's TURN

MARTIN is 5 FEET from GHOUL #4 and #5. They are attempting to move to box him in. GHOUL #7 is 10 FEET NORTH and ADJACENT WEST of him, but is moving toward GLASSBLOWER. GHOUL #6 is 20 FEET NORTH and 5 FEET WEST of him, but that beast is also headed for GLASSBLOWER. GHORENFORE is 5 FEET SOUTH of MARTIN, but the two warriors have a firepit between them.
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:01 pm

MARTIN takes a 5-foot step towards GHOUL #4

MARTIN attacks with his masterworked longsword
+11 -2 (two-weapon fighting) = 9

MARTIN attacks with his masterworked short sword
+10 -2 (two-weapon fighting) = 8

MARTIN attacks again with his masterworked longsword
+6 (2 attacks per round) -2 (two-weapon fighting) = 4

MARTIN attacks again with his masterworked short sword
+5 -5 (improved two-weapon fighting) = 0
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:01 pm

The member 'CondieBerks' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 1

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 13

#3 'd20' : 14

#4 'd20' : 4
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:06 pm

PLAYER: this may have just gone really bad from that first swing...

MARTIN attack results
1 +9 = AC 10
13 +8 = AC 21
14 +4 = AC 18
4 +0 = AC 4

PLAYER: damage rolls I overlooked making even though 2, if not all won't count...
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:06 pm

The member 'CondieBerks' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd8' : 2

#2 'd6' : 3

#3 'd8' : 4

#4 'd6' : 2
Back to top Go down
CondieBerks

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:15 pm

MARTIN final results:

masterworked longsword swing 1
1 (roll FAIL!) +11 (attack) -2 (two-weapon fighting) = AC 10
2 (roll) +3 (strength) = 5 damage (NOT!)

masterworked short sword swing 1
13 (roll) +10 (attack) -2 (two-weapon fighting) = AC 21
3 (roll) +3 (strength) = 6 damage

masterworked longsword swing 2
14 (roll) +6 (attack) -2 (two-weapon fighting) = AC 18
4 (roll) +3 (strength) = 7 damage

masterworked short sword swing 2
4 (roll) +5 (attack) -5 (improved two-weapon fighting) = AC 4
2 (roll) +3 (strength) = 5 damage
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Ghorenfore's Group   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:53 pm

GHORENFORE's GROUP
ENCOUNTER ONE

ROUND ONE: MARTIN's TURN

MARTIN's first swing is a wild swing over GHOUL #4's head. His thrust with the shortsword connects with the ghoul in the abdomen. The return swing with the longsword is more balanced and cuts into the ghoul's shoulder blade. The second thrust with the shortsword is hungrily batted away by GHOUL #4.

DM: Not that it matters this round, but your second swing with the shortsword only has a -2 applied to it when using two weapon fighting. The -5 is already implied with the +10/+5. So the attack bonus should be +8/+3. The Improved Two Weapon Fighting allows the second attack with a -5 penalty. Without the feat a character does not get a second swing with an offhand weapon no matter how high their base attack bonus is.

END OF TURN

NEXT: BIG BADDY
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: DM POST   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:13 am

DM POST

DM: Hey comrades, I want to make sure everyone puts up a combat profile for every round of combat. This gives a quick references to all a character is attempting to do in a round. I get quick access to AC, Hit points, feats that are on passively, feats that are actively being used, and weapons in hand. Also, spells that are running on the character would be here as well, whether they were cast, read from a scroll, or from a magic item. The duration must be included (in rounds if possible, except for hour durations); if you do not know the duration (i.e. unidentified potion), then that is my little secret! For spells cast by other characters, the caster has to keep track of the duration, but you need to record the effects on your profile. Spells remaining and power points are also to be included as well. Anything that I would need to do know about a character's resistances and defenses should be on this profile so I can take it into account when I am calculating damage from opponents. If it is not on the profile, I will not take it into account. Obvious items like a ring of protection or cloak of resistance do not need to be included, they are included in saving throws and AC already. Weapons are necessary due to damage reduction of opponents. All of this was on the forum rules I sent out and are also loaded on the RPGC, along with all the other combat rules.

An example of a combat profile is below:

STRONGFOOT
AC: 22/12 (touch)/20 (flat-footed) Dodge is not included here; I factor it in.
Hp: 90
Using Dodge against FIENDISH SPIDER
Using Power Attack (-5 to first attack, +5 to damage) against FIENDISH SPIDER
Potion of Heroism (27 rounds left)
Ring of Minor Fire Resistance (absorbs 15 points of fire damage/attack)

Weapon: WARHAMMER +1
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Ghorenfore's Group   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:34 am

GHORENFORE's GROUP
ENCOUNTER ONE

ROUND ONE: BIG BADDY's TURN

A large cloud swirls in a counterclockwise motion 40 FEET above the party. It stretches out in a 20 FOOT radius and drops grapefruit-sized hailstones continuously. The hailstorm catches FAWN, FANG, FORLIN, and FENNIGAN in its icy grip. HLIN and LOWLYN are just outside of the storm's reach, but they can feel it's bone-chilling cold. The storm has yet to end.

HLIN and FENNIGAN have their tents damaged by the hailstones.

All in the storm have -4 to Listen Checks and have their movement reduced to half.

FORLIN, FAWN, FANG, and FENNIGAN take
Roll #1 Bludgeoning damage
Roll #2 Cold Damage
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Ghorenfore's Group   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:34 am

The member 'Aloddaharm' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd6' : 4, 2, 4

#2 'd6' : 6, 6
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:36 am

FAWN, FANG, FENNIGAN, and FORLIN take
10 points of bludgeoning damage and 12 points of cold damage

FENNIGAN screams
"Son of a bitch! Where the hell did that come from?"

END OF TURN

NEXT: ALEX's TURN
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:42 am

GHORENFORE's GROUP
ENCOUNTER ONE

ROUND ONE: ALEX's TURN

ALEX has three ghouls surrounding him. GHOUL #1 is attacking from the SOUTHWEST, GHOUL #3 is attacking from the SOUTH, and GHOUL #2 is attacking from the EAST. All of the ghouls are adjacent. LOWLYN is just NORTH of GHOUL #3, and GHORENFORE's tent blocks ALEX from backing up. Also, the massive hailstorm behind LOWLYN could be a danger to walk through. BRAKUS, GHORENFORE's mount, is 10 FEET WEST of ALEX.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 2:27 pm

ALEX
AC: 16/20* \ 10/14* (touch) \ 16 (flat-footed)
Hp: 45 Power Points: 16
*against giants

Weapon: Great Axe

ALEX attacks GHOUL#1
Base attack +5

Last edited by Bekah on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 2:27 pm

The member 'Bekah' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 13
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 2:29 pm

ALEX hits an AC 18
13 + 5 = 18

Damage +1 str
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 2:29 pm

The member 'Bekah' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd12' : 7
Back to top Go down

Attack resolves 8 Damage = 7+1
Back to top Go down
Aloddaharm

Aloddaharm

PostSubject: Starday, Sunsebb 1st, 586CY: Ghorenfore's Group   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:30 pm

GHORENFORE's GROUP
ENCOUNTER ONE

ROUND ONE: ALEX's TURN

DM: Could we also put all rolls made by the character in the same turn on the same post. It makes the posts cleaner and less garbled. Do the attack and damage together. That means that I only need to look at two posts, most of the time, to get a run down of the action. Once again this was all on the forum rules and on the test thread. Please, take a look or PM me with questions. And it is okay to put a little flair into your characters while in combat.

ALEX's greataxe connects with a heavy thump into GHOUL #1's chest. As the dwarf pulls the axe back out a trickle of black ichor runs from the wound. The ghoul loses no ground and prepares to pounce.

END OF TURN

BADDY #2's TURN

An arrow whistles toward Martin from the WEST.
#1 BADDY #2 Attack
#2 BADDY #2 Damage
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch   Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Greyhawk: Against the Giants: Return to Hochoch
Page 13 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 34  Next